Chapter 2 (cont.)

Prince finally returned with almost every ready-to-eat food and snacks he could find. I am so thankful that he's back because his bubbly and goofy energy is what I need right now. The air has been so awkward since I came back.

When Roc told me he 'likes' me, we only stood there in complete silence. His dark brown eyes staring into mine with an intense gaze, a hint of worry in them. He had his middle finger in his mouth, biting his nail - a habit he does when nervous. But then I busted out laughing.

Is he joking? Roc has never  displayed any signs whatsoever that he likes me. Or have I been oblivious this whole time? Roc has so many girls and always seemed so happy going around that way so I didn't take him seriously.

A full on juicy laugh, tears quickly building in my eyes while I hold my stomach. After a good minute passed I sat on the edge of the bed to catch my breath, I finally look up at Roc.

But there is no Roc.

I looked up in time just to see the door slam shut. Is he really angry at me? Well I mean, I guess I can understand how it would feel to tell someone you like them and they just laugh in your face. Now I just feel really bad.

So we've been sitting here grubbing on our food. Roc has not looked at me once since I came back. Ray and Prod noticed the tension and have been glancing at each other questioningly between each other every second.

"Yo I'm gonna marry this Reeses Cup." Prince claims for the fourth time in a row. Every bite he takes, he informs us that he's going to marry the food like he's presenting an award.

Ray chimes in, "Boy will you shut the hell up. Oh my God.." Ray rolls his eyes and bights into a waffle, moaning.

"Will YOU shut the hell up. Making love to a waffle and shit" Prince shot back, which only sounded silly because his mouth is over packed with food.

"Y'all lucky. I'm fucking these donuts." Prod joins in, shoving his finger and wiggling it in the hole of a donut. We laughed at this, all of us except Roc. I look over at him beside Prod, Prince is in between us. He looks at me for half a second and rolled his eyes, averting his attention on his barely touched can of Pringles. The look in his eyes pained my heart.

I look down at the sugar cookies in my hands, almost losing my appetite. I feel a nudge to my elbow, it's Prince. I look up to see him looking at me with a really concerned look in his eyes. "You okay?" He whispers. The other guys are still bickering between each other, momentarily watching the movie.

I look away and give a weak shrug of my shoulders. Prince wraps one arm around my shoulders in a very comforting manner, and pressing his lips briefly to my temple. "How about I sleep with you tonight and we talk about it? Hm? How does that sound" He asks in a tone as if he's talking to a toddler who's in drowning tears.

I couldn't help but smile, and nod my head hesitantly. Prince smiles at my response, showing is purely white perfect teeth. He kisses my forehead this time and removed his arm from around me, going back to digging into his snacks.

**

"So what's up" Prince immediately started as soon as we entered the room. "Jeez Prince!" I laugh, putting my hair up in a ponytail. It's pass 2AM and everyone else is in their guestrooms. I look into my full body mirror and observe my pink plaid (thigh-high) pajama shorts and pink tank top. Nothing too inappropriate to sleep in the same bed as my guy friend for a night.

I turn around and Prince is already under the covers just staring at me, his fingers combing through his curly afro that he pulled out of his ponytail. He stretches his hand out and calls me over in a 'come here' motion, then pats his hand on the empty space next to him.

I smile and let out a sigh, rolling my eyes as if I'm annoyed. I climb in bed and cover my legs under the sheets, and rest my back against the bed head. I close my eyes to recall every thing that happened to the smallest details.

"While you were in the kitchen, Roc asked to talk to me privately." I open my eyes to look at Prince and he's for sure looking at me attentively, his back against the bed head too. So I continue,

"We went in a room and he was so nervous Prince I swear. He just went ahead and told me that he likes me." I look to see prince's reaction, he had an emotionless look on his face. He just blinked at me.

"As in, he likes like me." That's when I finally see Prince's face change. Almost looking..offended? He looks directly in my eyes with a shocked expression. "So like, what'd you say? Do you like him too?" He asked in almost a panicked tone.

I sighed. Do I like Roc? I think my answer would be a yes without a doubt, if he had kept to himself instead of going around with different females as much.

"I don't know if I have feelings for him Prince. I really don't. But when he told me he likes me I just laughed and cackled like an idiot. I just couldn't take him seriously.." I trailed off.

"Oh, so that's why he seemed so mad when I came back..." Prince said, a look of realization on his face. He plays with the ring on his index finger while in deep thought.

"Damn YN. Damn." He whispers.

"Roc is my bro and usually tells me everything, but this I didn't see coming. But now I see it. I always catch him staring at you when you're not looking. I just ain't know he.." Prince lets out a frustrated groan and sighed, he tugs at his hair harshly then combs through it with his fingers.

"I should've made my move before."

What? What is Prince on about. I look at him closely, my eyebrows scrunch together in confusion.

"Prince, what do you mean?"

"He's winning YN. You know what, forget it. Let's just go to sleep, I'm tired as shit. C'mon." He scoots his entire body under the covers and turns his back to me. I choose not to ask anymore questions.

I thought Prince was going to help me figure this out and give me advice as friend but he only added to the confusion, beating around the bush and all. I'm done here. I need sleep.

"YN?" I hear him whisper.

"Yeah?"

"Put your arm around me, please." He can't be serious. But what harm is there in doing that. I put my entire body under the covers and rest my arm around his torso, as we both fall asleep.