Park Rules

I quickly unlocked the room and stepped in

I quickly unlocked the room and stepped in. Two twin beds and a pullout couch were what first caught my attention. A yawn escaped from me as I walked to the closest thing being the couch. I didn't even have the energy to pull the bed out. Flopping on the couch, I hugged a pillow against my chest.

"Finally, a nap." I sighed, closing my eyes.

"It's not too small." Vanya stated as she and Allison studied the room.

"It's definitely ugly." Allison scrunched her nose in disgust.

"I don't know, it kinda has the ugly vintage charm to it." I said, my eyes still closed.

"You didn't even look at it besides the beds." Allison let out a chuckle.

"Talking about beds, they don't look that bad." Vanya walked over to one of the twin beds.

Allison followed suit. I opened one eye to see them lay down. Vanya let out a sigh.

"Last night I was sleeping in my own bed next to my amazing husband." Allison said.

"I kissed Sissy goodbye a few hours ago." Vanya admitted. "Give or take 50 years."

"I had to give back my wedding ring to my husband because of my psycho mother-in-law." I grumbled, hugging the pillow closer. "I guess you can say we got a divorce."

"I'm glad you finally found somebody that treated you right, Vanya." Allison told her. "And Tamela, I'm sorry you had to leave Mario behind. He loved you with his whole heart."

"She saw me for who I really am. I'm not ready to give that up." Vanya said.

"Mario was the only one beside Ben, our old Ben, that saw good in me. Even when he found out about my powers, he still loved me for who I was." I sighed.

"I feel the same about Ray. We better not have left them just to die in some superhero turf war." Allison shook her head.

"You need to go home. Hug your daughter." Vanya told Allison.

I let my thoughts drift off to Mario. Was he still alive? Did he remarry? Did he live a good life?

"What if Diego is right and the Sparrows attack?" Allison sat up in her bed.

"Then we fight back." I nonchalantly stated.

"We fought the entire Commission. I mean, we can handle, what? Seven jerks in uniforms? They just caught us off guard." Vanya noted, sending a glance towards me.

"Yeah." Allison glumly nodded.

"Even the new Ben." Vanya shot me a smirk.

"He's such a jerk face." I grumbled into the pillow.

"That you seem to like." Allison raised a brow.

"Shut up. I'm trying to sleep and you two are being all mushy and nosy." I brought the pillow over my head.