Undercover

Allison pulled the car into the entrance of dirt road of Grandma Jenkins' home

Allison pulled the car into the entrance of dirt road of Grandma Jenkins' home. I looked through the case file, triple checking we had the right address. Glancing at the address located on the house and mail box, I gave Allison a nod.

"This is the house."

"Then let's go, check it out." Allison opened her car door. I followed her, closing the door behind me. "I want you to scope out the house in the shadows. I'll check from outside."

"Sounds like a plan." I rubbed my hands eagerly together. The both of us were walking up the dirt road. "I'm ready for some action."

"We're just gonna get Vanya away from this freak." Allison shook her head. "And we'll have Jenkins come with us."

"You're gonna rumor him?" I asked.

"If I have to, yeah." Allison stopped at the curve of the road. She peered at the house. "Alright, go snoop inside."

"You got it." I winked before blending into the shadows.

I entered the house and checked all of the main rooms first. There were empty. However, there were duffel bags placed on the floor of the bedroom. Knowing that they weren't inside, I exited the shadows and searched the bags.

The first one I opened was filled with men's clothing. I counted the pair of jeans and shirts. Four each. I zipped the bag up and went to the other bag. When I unzipped it, it held Vanya's clothes. I quickly counted her clothes. She only packed for three days.

I went to the living room and Vanya's violin case caught my eyes. A shriek came from outside the window. Turning around I saw Allison with her hand on her chest. A smile tugged at my lips as I walked over to the window. Leaning against the wall, I knocked against the glass. Allison jumped and faced me.

"Heya sis." I chuckled out.

"Not funny." Allison narrowed her eyes at me. "Come on, they must be in town."

With a frown, I went back into the shadows and appeared next to Allison. We started to head back to her car.

"What did you find in there?" Allison asked.

"They're planning on staying for a few days." I informed her, now stepping onto the dirt road. "Both Harold and Vanya packed bags. But I think Harold expects to stay a few days."

"Well, he definitely has something planned. We need to get Vanya away from him as soon as we can." Allison said as she dug out her keys. "If they aren't here, so you think they went out to eat or something?"

"Most likely." I nodded, entering the car. "Let's go find this son of a bitch and save our sister."

〰️

"Ugh," I groaned as I threw my head back against the seat. "Traffic sucks."

"I wonder what's causing it." Allison drummed her fingers against the steering wheel. Car honked all around us. She moved the car forward a bit. "Hey, what's going on over there?"