Prologue

2002

2002

The alarms blared in the hallway of our rooms, the lights flashing. All seven of us were rushing to gather our equipment for our first mission. I was currently digging through my wardrobe to find my right shoe. I was already in my suit and domino mask with one shoe on.

Nada.

Groaning, I quickly crawled towards my bed and checked under it. I only saw a hair tie covered in dust. Mumbling curses under my breath, I quickly stood up and scanned my room.

"Has anyone seen my shoe?" I yelled, frantically looking through my closet again in hopes of finding it.

"Too busy looking for our own stuff, Tam!" Five yelled from across the hallway.

"Recheck you room!" Ben suggested as he ran passed my doorway. I only stomped my sock covered foot in return.

"Tamela, have you checked under your bed?" Mom stepped into my room with a smile.

"Yes and my wardrobe. I can't find it." I rushed out, running a hand through my hair.

"Have you checked every dark corner in your room?" Mom tilted her head towards my door. Frowning, I rushed to the door and moved it away from the wall. There stood my shoe with it's laced untied.

"Don't tell Dad." I sheepishly grabbed it. Sitting down on the ground, I slid the show on quickly.

"It will be our secret." Mom whispered and placed a finger against her lips. She gave me a wink before going over to check on Vanya.

I quickly stood up and turned off the lights in my room. Rushing out, my shoulder bumped into Klaus'. He sent me a cheeky smile and hooked his arm into mine as he started to skip towards the front of the stairs, tugging me along with him.

"Forgot to check the shadows again, Tam?" Klaus playfully shook his head and tutted. "What would Father say."

"Now is not the time for that Klaus." Diego moved past us and stood next with the others. As usual, Klaus and I were last. We all lined up to wait for further instructions from Dad.

"Well?" Dad stood at the top of the stairs with his cane in front of him. He had both hands laying on top of the handle. "Come along. You all got a bank to save."

With that being said, we all rushed up the stairs. By the time I made it to the top, I glanced back to see Vanya rushing up the stairs behind me. There was a frown on her face until she saw me looking. A smile quickly made its way into her face and she gave me a thumbs up.

Giving her a nervous smile, I waved and turned the corner. It wasn't long until we were all driven to Capital West Bank where the robbery was occurring. Seven of us went towards the bank while Vanya and Dad went a different direction.

We had snuck into the back of the bank where the commotion was occurring. The alarms were loudly blaring, the echo not helping. I sent a smirk and a two finger salute to my siblings and disappeared into the shadows in a cloud of black smoke. Running in the shadows, I entered the room and stopped.