Facts About The Book 2

⭐️ a lot of the new characters that belong to me are named after family members and friends

⭐️the day Tamela got stuck in Dallas (June 17) is actually my I'm birthday lol

⭐️ I was originally gonna have it where Tamela has a child but thought that was too cruel for Ben and that would be hella awkward for the future (s3)

⭐️ I was also gonna have it where Mario turns his back on Tam and treats her cruelly like Raquel but I kinda fell in love with his character and how he ends up treating Tam. Plus Tamela went through a lot this act so...

⭐️A lot of the sibling banter I added, I drew from my own with my siblings (I'm the oldest of 3)

⭐️ I tried my best to show Tam's relationships with each of her siblings this season.

⭐️ EMO BEN ALL THE WAY

⭐️ the scene where Tam and Ben finally reunite is my all time favorite to write. It's so pure and you guys get to see a bit of how they were when Ben was alive in their late teens

⭐️Tamela's control over her powers is a lot stronger this season. S1 she was terrified of using her powers unless provoked. Tamela believes her powers are evil and that shows she is as well. She's terrified of the dark. She discovered a new use of it. S2 she's stronger, she isn't afraid to use her powers. She now believes that her powers aren't evil and she isn't either. She's adapted to her new addition.

⭐️ I will admit, I was kinda upset they didn't really show Latino discrimination in this season with Diego being Latino. Latinos were also going through a civil rights, but was mostly focused on their pay (worked at farms with little wage in horrrible conditions), rights, and education. They were not allowed to speak Spanish unless they wanted to be beaten. This lead to a lot of Latinos not teaching their children Spanish so they wouldn't have to go through the discrimination. I did the best I could to include as much as I knew about Latino discrimination. I myself am a Latina, but due to discrimination still being a thing, my parents taught me some Spanish (sadly not fluent, but not basic either). I asked my mom for some info about discrimination in the 80's and then the 60's when my grandparents teenagers. They went through a lot. I hope I did them justice by bringing light to it.

⭐️ I wrote this in about a week?

⭐️action scenes are the best to write in my opinion 🤷🏽‍♀️

⭐️ I was originally gonna have Tamela meet Five and the rest of the boys before she met Allison but decided against that for 2 reasons: 1) sister bonding and 2) Ben. Allison finds Klaus so...

⭐️ the scene where all the Hargreeves are shot and killed (minus Five), I purposely left the end of that paragraph without an ending to the sentence to show that Tamela died. All of her brain activity was cut off and dead as she watched her siblings

⭐️ I made Tamela pull a Nico...the more she over exerts herself, like waaay past her limit, and she ends up hurt she wants to take a power nap

⭐️I'm loving the Luther and Tam moments tbh bc it was so hard to put that in s1 when Luther was obsessed with the moon (looks like he's actually onto something tho)

⭐️ Diego and Tam are my go to for sibling banter tbh I love them

⭐️I just love Klaus and Tam. Their friendship is just on an other level

⭐️Not as much Five and Tam like s1, but I tried my best

⭐️ALLISON AND TAM ARE JUST SOFT SISTERS

⭐️I'm so happy that I'm able to have growth in Vanya's and Tamela's relationship as well. S1 was hard to do that

Which was your fave bropt?

How did you feel with Ben x Tamela?