Its A Family Bonding Kind of Day

Klaus and Diego left not too long ago, leaving Allison, Luther, and I in our childhood home

Klaus and Diego left not too long ago, leaving Allison, Luther, and I in our childhood home. I was in Allison's rooming catching up on the years we have missed while Luther locker himself in his room.

"You know, Claire has been wanting to meet all of you." Allison said, hugging her pillow. We were both sitting on her bed, our backs against the bed frame. "She said she would love a shopping trip with her Aunt Tam."

"Did you tell her my fashion sense isn't like yours?" I chuckled out. "I'm more of a jeans and T-shirt kind of gal."

"Yeah, she know and she still wants that trip." Allison bumped her shoulder against mine.

"Maybe when you can get visitations I will go with you one day." I bit my lip. Allison frowned. "I'm sorry you aren't getting custody over her. What happened?"

"Can we talk about something else, please?" Allison looked at me. "How are you really feeling? I know you and Ben were close."

"Let's not talk about that either." I quickly stated.

"All right." Allison pressed her lips together. "I see you've been traveling through the shadows. You haven't done that in a long time."

"I've got to get over my fear of the dark some how, right?" I shrugged. "Besides, I still use a ton of lights in my apartment. But instead of Christmas and night lights, it's fairy lights."

"Well, I think," Allison patted my hand, "you are taking baby steps to crush that fear of yours. Ben would be proud."

"I hope so." I sighed. "I try to avoid anything that reminds me of darkness. No dark colors, only bright ones, mostly in the white and yellow shades."

"Ben is proud of you, and we don't need Klaus to conjure him and tell us that." Allison told me. Silence filled the room. I stared up the ceiling, noting the shadow the fan had.

"How long does it take to get a cup of coffee?" I groaned.

"You should have went with him." Allison shook her head with a chuckle.

"To have him accuse me of babysitting him? No thanks. Besides he just got back from the shitty future. We should let him breath a bit." I started to get off of her bed. "I'm gonna go get some water and then head to bed or something. You good?"

"I'm fine. Just might head to bed early tonight. This day has been crazy." Allison started to kick off her shoes.

"Alright, night then." I sent her a wave and walked out of her room. Deciding to take a short cut, I moved through the shadows until I reached the kitchen. Mom was standing in front of the cupboards.