Rewind and Try Again

Wednesday 8:15 A

Wednesday 8:15 A.M. (AGAIN)

"Hold the phone." Klaus waved his hand. He thumped the bar counter with his hand while he shook his head. "We all died fighting this thing in the first time around. Remember?"

"Klaus, shockingly, has a point." Diego agreed playing with his knife. "What gives us a win this time?"

The lights started to flicker above the bar counter. We all looked up at it. There was a blue flash with blue lightening before Five fell and crashed into the counter.

"Holy crap!" I quickly took a step back in surprise. Klaus stumbled back into the bench and fell on to it.

"Je-Jesus!" Allison jumped back, shielding her face.

"You guys, am I still high, or do you see him, too?" Klaus asked as he stood up.

"Five, where have you been?" Luther questioned.

Five fell off of the counter and onto the ground. We all went to him.

"Woah!" I grabbed one of his arms.

"Are you alright?" Allison grabbed the other and the both of us helped him stand up.

"Who did this?" Luther inquired.

"Irrelevant." Five grunted and took the cup of coffee out of Allison's hand. He walked away with a limp as he slurped the coffee. The rest of us just stared at him. He sighed and turned to face us. "The apocalypse is in three days. The only chance we have to save our world is, well, us."

"The Umbrella Academy." Luther stated.

"Yeah, but with me, obviously. So, if y'all don't get your sideshow acts together and get over yourselves, we're screwed. Who cares if Dad messed us up? Are we going to let that define us? No. And to give us a fighting chance to see next week, I've come back with a lead." Five held up a folded piece of paper. "I know who's responsible for the apocalypse."

Allison held out her hand.

"This is who we have to stop." Five gave her the paper.

Everyone crowded around Allison. As she opened it, I tip-toed to look over her shoulder. The paper was for Hazel and Cha-Cha stating "REASSIGNMENT: PROTECT HAROLD JENKINS"

"Harold Jenkins?" Allison read aloud.

"Who the hell is Harold Jenkins?" Diego looked at Five. Five finished drinking the coffee.

"I don't know..." Five chucked the empty cup of coffee behind him. "Yet. But I do know that he's responsible for the apocalypse. So we have to find him. And we have to do it now."

"How is he connected to what's gonna happen?" Luther asked.

"I don't know." Five admitted.

"Wait, so you just know his name?" Diego took a step forward. "That's it?"