- 5 -

Ignoring him, New took his phone and let Syn reading it. Syn took New's phone but then suddenly gave it back to New.

"I... He doesn't seem to want me to know about it. To ignore a will is to ignore a heart." Said Syn.

Nuer's friends laughed as Nuer answered mechanically with a "Sadhu", amused and relieved at the same time.

"Fine! Let's drink to celebrate then!"

------------

Nuer ordered then two drinks: one for him and one for Syn. Waiting for those, Syn talked with New:

"You were at the same uni as Nuer?"

"Yes ahah, we were the top 4 of our uni. Even Nuer was one of the best – which was upsetting trust me."

"Why is that?"

"He was most of the time reading and studying engineering but even when not paying attention he was ranking top 4."

"It was because I am good at everything" interrupted Nuer, to hand a juice to Syn.

"Nah, whatever, prick. Wait, what are you drinking Syn?" New made a funny face, while Rain and Korn who had heard the order laughed amused by their friend face.

"Er... a j-juice?"

"Like a cocktail, right ??"

Nuer rolled his eyes then took New's glass to drink it.

"Hey!"

"You seemed like you didn't want to drink this glass, but more Syn's one."

"What an overprotective boyfriend! What happened to our mighty Nuer?"

Syn blushed a little bit then took a sip of his juice. Nuer sat down amused and talked with Rain and Korn.

The rest of the night followed this mood with the four of them reminiscing the past and taking drink after drink. Syn was talking with them, questioning about their past and also befriending with the three of them, especially New. It seemed that New was one of Nuer closest friend. He had been knowing him for several years, went through all the good and bad moment of his life.

"I actually heard about you way before you two date." Confessed a drunk New.

He pointed Nuer who was laughing, tipsy. Noticing they were talking about him he smiled happily while having only eyes for Syn.

"One more round?" asked a drunk Rain.

Korn nodded immediately to approve, and Nuer nodded too:

"Yeess! But I need to go the restroom."

He looked at Syn who didn't know what to think. It wasn't his first-time having friends being tipsy, but Nuer seemed to show even more his affection this time and his behavior was so different from the reserved person he almost seemed to be with their engineer friends.

"We won't make your boyfriend drink, nor we will make him disappear. Go to the toilet!" almost screamed New, making Syn blushed, uncomfortable. Nuer, though, nodded as if he was reassured. Teetering on his feet, Nuer stood up along with Rain and Korn.

Syn looked at them being so drunk, but he felt somehow not too worry about their state.

"We are finally alone!" exclaimed New.

"Hm?"

"I am so curious about the reason you like this idiot. He is such a lost soul. I gave up having faith for him."

"Why is that?" asked Syn, trying to avoid the "lost soul" part.

"When he told me he was planning to gain his heart... I thought that this time he really lost his mind. Who would have guessed he would then fell for you ahah!"

"What are you talking about?"

Syn's face started turn white. He felt that he wasn't supposed to hear that. Especially not from Nuer's drunk friend. But somehow, he needed to know. Maybe all of his questions would be answered in a simple sentence.

"I remember when He arrived at this uni and the day after, told me he would make him change. He was so sure about himself. But it's understandable... poor thing. "

New shook his head as if he remembered a bad moment.

"He was so tough back then, in our uni. But look at him now. He went from betting on changing someone's heart to becoming a fluffy pet totally in love."

"He bet?"

"Of course, he did! He would give me a gift if he'd lost."

"He bet..."

Syn was too stunned to speak. What was he hearing? Something seemed weird but he couldn't explain what the problem was. Nuer would never do that; all of his guts were telling him so.

He took a sip from his juice, confused by that information. What was he supposed to do? Suddenly he got the realization: he should just texted Kuea.

Kuea, I have a situation with Nuer, what should I do?

"Nuer!"

Syn looked up to see a drunk Nuer finishing his drink and laughing with his friends. Joining their table Nuer smiled still drunk and happy but this time next to Syn.

"I missed you."

Syn smiled somehow, and for the moment put aside all of his thoughts to enjoy the moment.

"You were gone for a second..."

"No... I mean, at my summer camp. I kept talking to Pran about you. She almost kicked me one day ahah."

"Pran?"

"Hm."

Nuer took his phone to show to Syn the picture of Pran who was not less than the girl Syn noticed back then.

"Oh! I know! Let's take a picture and send it to her."

He put the photo mode and hugged Syn. He took a picture leaving no time for Syn to even smile. The picture was awkwardly cute: Nuer was hugging Syn while Syn seemed so small and surprised. But it was easy to see that Nuer was drunk. Without thinking, Nuer sent it to Pran, then put his head against Syn's shoulder.

"Yuk... give me back Nuer." Said Rain who had looked at the situation the entire time.

"Careful, if you let him on your shoulder, he will fell asleep."

Syn tried to look at Nuer face but could only see the hair of his boyfriend.

"Too late. He is sleeping." Said Korn.

Let's bring him home!"

All of them stood up while Syn didn't dare to make a move and waking Nuer up. Rain came near Nuer though and without any care made Nuer stand up and lifted him to his car.

"New you pay for all of us!"

"Hey! Why is that?"

"Because." Answered Rain laughing.

"We shouldn't drive, you are drunk." Said Syn, answered by a baby "saddhu" from drunk and asleep Nuer.

"I know, don' t worry I called someone."

"Will there be enough space in. your car?"

"Not sure..."

"Fine. I will go home by bus then."

Rain seemed to hesitate but after a quick look at his other friends nodded.

"Be careful."

Syn nodded then walked to the bus station and open Kuea's answer.

Again? Where are you, I'll pick you up.