- 8 -

« talk to me please, I'm so lost and...»

Nuer sighted.

« I'm... Can we meet?»

-----

Syn felt his world was being destroyed just by this answer. He felt like he was about to learn something he'd rather not.

« I will go to our place, and... I'll tell you everything.»

Still muted, Syn nodded his head, forgetting that Nuer couldn't see him.

«I - I'll wait for you...»

Then he hang up, leaving an empty Syn. He couldn't decide himself whether he really wanted to go and learn about something he shouldn't have ask. Yet he took a deep breath and made up his mind to go. Standing up from his bed he was about to leave his room when he got a call from New.  He didn't hesitate this time and answered. In any case he will learn soon enough what everything was about.

« Yes?»

« I'm sorry, I... I totally messed up but Syn, I think you should know.»

« don't worry he-»

He will tell me everything would have been what he should have said lf New didn't interrupt him to say :

« I Know you are righteous and I know how much he loves you and it seems like you are also loving him back.»

«New, I...»

« We actually made a bet... That he would made one of a guy from his new uni falling in love with him.»

I don't want to learn it from you, I'm on my way to see him. That's what he should have said. But now here he was standing dumbfounded in the middle of his room.

« I believe you will understand and, well... I think that, by telling you, there won't be any secret between the two of you.»

Syn stayed silent, again. He couldn't process. '' a bet ''? Who was the person involved? Him? Kuea? Someone else?

«Syn ? You're still there?»

« who was the person of the bet?»

His voice was like a whisper as he was already afraid of the answer.

« I... I am not sure, I don't know if you know him either, I don't quite remember. Something starting with a K... Kayan?»

«Kuea?»

« Yes! Exactly! You know him? Wait? Nuer already told you about him?»

Syn hang up. He has heard enough. He put back his bag on his mattress and looked blankly at his wall before deciding himself to go to the temple.

What should he do? Say something to Kuea? That would create a tantrum far beyond what it should really happen. But Kuea was the one who should know right? But know what? He didn't even know what exactly was the bet about. Betting on feelings was lower than anything he would have expected from Nuer...

Nuer... What should he do? He was so upset now and also so saddened by that.
He couldn't stop his mind from thinking '' maybe our road shouldn't have crossed at a certain point ''.

Walking to the temple he dumped into Win who was leaving it.

«W-Win?»

«Oh, Syn? Er...are you alright?»

His neighbor's son looked sincerely worried. Syn smiled with an unhappy face before nodding, telling him not to worry.

«You shouldn't go though... My mom is there.»

Syn was surprised by Win's words. Who would have guessed that Win would warned him about his own mom.

« Thank you...»

And he meant it. He wouldn't have been in a mood to confront all the bad looks from his neighbor and all the criticism. He was already feeling down by the only fact that Nuer seemed to have commit more than a crime.

« wanna take a coffee?»  asked Win after a small silence.

Syn couldn't hide his surprise this time.

« well... We don't really know each other but I guess we can still take a coffee. Plus we now both have something in common.»

« Do we?»

« Yes ahah. We are avoiding my mum.»

Syn blushed, ashamed of being caught. And even more because he perfectly knew it was against his heart and own values.

« Dont worry, I am totally guessing what you are thinking of and... Trust me, sometimes, avoiding people is just a normal reaction.»

«I-is it?»

« Hm. So... Coffee?»

« O-ok »

Smiling, Win lead the way to a coffee shop having small talks about the weather and the fact that they were the same age. Syn was answering with short answers but win didn't seem to mind.

A thought couldn't leave his mind. What will happen to Nuer and him. Will he be able to face him? And would Nuer wait for him for too long if he wasn't going to be there.

« problems with your boyfriend?»

« How do you know?»

« I tend to make the same face when I have my sentimental problems too ahah.»

« you're dating someone?»

« yes ahah but we are doing fine now. What happened to you?»

Asked Win, opening the coffee shop door.

« and what will you order, I'll pay since I'm inviting you.»

«. Oh well.. A juice please.»

Win laughed a little before ordering a juice and a coffee.
They sat down to a table before Syn made up his mind to explain partially the story to this stranger.

« What would you do if you would learn that potentially your couple was entirely based on a bet?»

------

Sorry I'm soooo late!
But here a second small chapter ~~
Enjoy and tell me what you think will happen ahah

The story is taking some time but we are finally arriving at the main point.

Depends of my inspiration it might also soon end but we will see ;)

I am thinking of writing a Nuer POV for the next chapter, although I'm still hesitant ahah.  Should I?