Chapter 1: I'm gonna bring it to 'em!

BEEP, BEEP, BEEP! I heard the loud shrill of my alarm clock as I'm torn out of my sleep with a jump, causing me to fall out of my bed and onto the floor.

"Ouch, ouch, ouch" I murmur to myself as I get up and fixed my bed. I look up at the entrance to the attic where Yuma Tsukumo slept while I took the bed of his real room hear my adoptive younger brother still asleep. I smirk a little and grab my first year heartland middle school uniform to go take a shower.

About 15 minutes later I get out of the shower and put on my Uniform and look into the mirror I have light teal eyes. I grab the hair dryer and begin to style my black and purple hair to my preferred style. (Think a hybrid of Neku from twewy and Roxas/Ventus from kingdom hearts) with a few of the purple bangs handing over my left eye. I walked out of the bathroom and into the kitchen to grab some breakfast and saw Akari and Haru were already up.

"Morning", I say as a greeting, as I entered the kitchen.

Akari gives me a small wave before going back to her conversation with her news editor.

"Good morning Ventus". Haru says with a small smile and goes to put some food of my plate. "Make sure to eat it all".

I gave a nervous chuckle at that, Haru was serious about breakfast and could become very mean if you tried to skip it. Still she was a very kind soul despite that small quirk. Two years ago I had woken up in the streets with no memory to who I was. She had kindly taken me in and I could never repay her for that. I doubt that Ventus was even my real name, I just took it 'cause it meant wind in Latin and it felt appropriate to my situation, plus that name had felt familiar to me.

-Zexal-

After I had eaten, I went back into my room and grabbed my Dueling Deck that was with me when I woke up in this life as I call it, and put it into my book bag along with my duel disk and d-gazer. I looked up at Yuma's room to hear him still sleeping, I looked at my watch to see if he didn't wake up soon he would be late, but that wasn't my problem. I wasn't his alarm clock. I checked one last time to see if I had everything and Walked out of the house giving Akari and Haru a small hug goodbye before heading off to school for the day.

I had gotten a few feet from the house when I head a yell from behind.

"Oi Ven"! Yuma yelled angrily at me, "Why didn't you wake me up?" "We're going to be late!"

"No you're going to be late" I say with a smirk, "Besides I'm not your alarm clock."

Yuma sticks his tongue out at me and proceeds to duck and weave through all the litter bots cleaning the trash on the road.

"Yuma, Ven." A voice calls out to us.

I look at the source of the voice to see Takda Tetsuo skate up to us on his motor skateboard. I give him a small smile, "Morning Tetsuo". I've known him for a short while now, he's a bit on the heavy side but has a big heart.

"Morning Ven." Tetsuo says in response before turning to Yuma. "You ready for our daily challenge?" He asks Yuma.

"Don't think you can win against me easily." Yuma says with a grin as he swallows his rice ball and takes off running.

"Idiots." I murmur under my breath but let a small smile grace my face.

A bit later I catch up to see Yuma surrounded by Litterbots with his deck scattered on the floor, yelling at them that his deck is not trash. I let out a laugh when they start calling him talentless. I walked up to Yuma and helped him pick up his deck and handed it to him. "Here you go Toma." I say with a teasing smile.

"It's YUMA!" Yuma yells in response.

I ruffle his hair and give him a grin. "I know but to me you're Toma."