Chapter 25: WDC Start! A Cold Beginning.

AAAHHHHHH!" Kotori screamed as we free fall towards the ground.

"Ha Ha Ha" I laugh out as the wind whips my scarf around.

"ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL US?!" Kotori yells as she grips tightly onto me.

I used my agility to jump off a few jetting posts and ledges on go us both to the ground safely, "Were here." I say teasingly

Kotori opens her eyes and sees were on the ground, "ARE YOU CRAZY!" she yells hitting me on the shoulder.

"Insanely." I say with a teasing grin before setting her down, "Shall we go find a duel?" I ask her.

Kotori nods, "Yeah, let's go." She says her breathing calming down as she takes my right hand in her left as we begin to stroll through the city.

"Seems like things are taking off full swing." I say as I watch all sorts of duelists beginning to face off.

Kotori gives a hum as she leans into my shoulder as we walk along, "So who do you think you'll fight first?" she asks as we gaze upon the potential duelists.

I shrug, "Depends, probably will see if anyone challenges me first." I tell her.

"I see." Kotori says with a small nod.

-Zexal—

After a bit of walking we arrived at Heartland Park

"Wanna get some lunch?" I ask Kotori as we walk over to a nearby concession stand.

"Sure." Kotori says with a nod.

I pull out my wallet and take out some Zeni and pay for 2 hot dogs and drinks. I hand Kotori hers and we go sit down under a tree.

"Nice day." I comment taking a bite of my food.

"Yeah." Kotori says with a nod before giggling.

"What?" I question with a tilt of my head.

"Here." Kotori says with a smile grabbing a napkin and rubbing off some food excess from my cheek.

I hear 96 laugh from my subconscious as I squirm a bit like a kid.

I finish off my hot dog and toss the wrapper, "Shall we go?" I ask Kotori standing up holding out a hand to her.

Kotori gives me a nod and takes my hand as I help her up and we go off in search of my first WDC opponent.

-Zexal-

After a few moments we arrived in another section of Heartland Park there were a few duelists here but not as many as earlier.

"Hopefully we can find a descent amount of Number Holders." I think say to my partner.

"I'm sure that all the Numbers will defiantly gather in the Finals so yeah just need to make it there." Black Mist retorts in his cool tone.

"Of course" I reply smirking before looking around.

"OI YOU!" a voice calls out

I roll my eyes and groan, "Could you be a little bit louder there's a few deaf people overseas who didn't hear you." I say in a snarky tone.

"Don't be so rude." Kotori says lightly hitting me.

"YOU DUEL ME!" the new comer yells at me.

"Fine." I say throwing out my right arm and activating my duel disk, "Perfect way to work off that lunch." I say with a smirk.

Kotori kisses me on the cheek, "Good Luck." She tells me.

"Not like I need it." I tell her with a cheeky grin.