Chapter 20: Protect the Treasured Key, The Number Hunter Returns

(Third POV)

In a clearing of a meadow a small house with a giant oak tree beside it with a swing dangling from tree is seen where a young boy with silver hair is resting on a bed, the Number Hunter Kaito is seen offering a cup of hot chocolate to the child.

"Here, your favorite hot chocolate." Kaito tells the young boy

"Where are we?" the boy asks Kaito in a distant tone

"Can't you remember?" Kaito asks the child, "We've been living inside this house since we were little." He tells the boy.

"I see, I can't remember a thing." The boy tells Kaito.

"You used to laugh a lot back then." Kaito tells the boy, "You were quite talkative and you loved to joke." He tells the boy in remembrance.

Kaito looks at the boy for a little bit, "Haruto." He says in concern before turning and gritting his teeth in anger, "The one who made you this way." He mutters to himself.

The world goes fuzzy for a moment before the AR that was active is turned off revealing Haruto and Kaito to be in a room of Heartland Tower.

The floor glows for a second as a man in a green suit show up, he is known as Mr. Heartland the benevolent mayor of Heartland City.

"Did I bother you guys?" Mr. Heartland questions the Tenjo brothers, "Alright Haruto, time to get to work." He tells the bed ridden younger brother.

Kaito stands up and looks at Mr. Heartland, "Mr. Heartland, Haruto collapsed due to exhaustion from overusing his ability, if we continue to use Haruto's power like that..." He warns Mr. Heartland.

"Kaito, this is an order from Dr. Faker-sama." Mr. Heartland tells Kaito in a warning tone.

"But..." Kaito protests.

"I don't like it..." Haruto interrupts making Kaito look at him.

"I don't like you when you're not considerate of others." Haruto tells Kaito getting out of bed.

"Haruto." Kaito says in worry.

"I am fine with it." Haruto tells Kaito, "If my power can contribute something to this world, then there's no need to worry about me."

"Haruto..." Kaito mutters again.

"Fantastic, Haruto!" Mr. Heartland says with a cheer as Haruto stands up from the bed. "Dr. Faker-sama must be proud as well." He tells the young boy.

Mr. Heartland and Haruto walk over to the lift in the room.

"Kaito, if you really wish to cure Haruto, then you should hurry up and collect all the Numbers." Mr. Heartland warns Kaito as the lift activates and lowers him and Haruto out of the room.

-Zexal-

(Ven POV)

I was sitting in my room working on my deck to incorporate a way to best work with my new partner, Black Mist was currently floating above me watching my deck building with a critical eye but remaining silent,

"EHHH!" Yuma yells out in shock as the room shakes slightly from the impact.

"Better go see what happened." I tell Black Mist as I climb the rope ladder, but Mist doesn't follow, I get the feeling he's wary about Astral for the time being.

"What happened?" I ask as I stick my head in the room.

"Astral just said there was a spaceship inside the Emperor's Key!" Yuma tells me in a freaked out tone.

"Really?" I question with a tilt of my head.

"Yeah." Astral says in confirmation.

"Inside such a small key?" Yuma questions.