Chapter 14: Trembling Nerves! Ventus and Kotori's First Date!

"I'm home!" I call out as I enter the house.

"Hey Ven, welcome home." Akari greets me in return.

"How's Yuma doing?" I ask Akari as I take off my shoes.

"He's still in that depressed state." Akari tells me before giving me a look, "You don't know why he's like that do you?"

I give a shrug, "Maybe, Maybe not, it's not my place to tell"

Akari gives me a look before sighing, "Fine"

"I'm gonna go check up on him" I tell Akari as I head up to Yuma and I's room.

- Zexal-

I opened the door and walked in to see Yuma and Astral sitting on the bed.

"Hey guys" I greet to them walking up to them.

Both of them just ignore me too deep in their depression.

"You guys, don't let it get you down" I tell them putting a hand on their shoulders."

Yuma looks at me with a blank expression as I feel a shiver of fear go through him and Astral as well.

"Tch" I growl out standing up and clenching my hands into a fist, "STOP SCREWING AROUND!" I yell out before punching Astral and Yuma in the face causing them to fly into the wall.

"Ow-Ow-Ow" Yuma groans out before standing up and yelling at me with an angry face, "Oi Ven, what was that for?!"

"To snap you out of it." I tell him as I pull Yuma and Astral on to their feet, well Yuma at least Astral just hovered there. "So what if you almost lost one duel, it's not the end of the world"

"But Ven, This Kaito is stronger than anyone I have ever faced." Astral states with a tint of fear in his voice.

I felt annoyance flash through my body at Astral's weakness, I held out my hand to him. "Give me the Numbers!" I order him.

"What?" Astral gasps in shock.

"You heard me." I tell him my hand still extended. "Give me the Numbers"

Astral looks at me for a moment, "Why?" he finally asks

"It's simple" I say sitting down on the bed beside Yuma who had fallen asleep, "If you let something like Kaito lock your heart up in fear you will never be able to collect all the Numbers from the duelists stronger than Kaito out there." I tell Astral bluntly.

"Someone stronger than Kaito." Astral says in a distant tone, "But there's not way we can beat that Hunter"

I shrug at that, "Maybe in your current state, but what you need to do is shatter the chains you have put on yourself called Limitations and go beyond them." I tell Astral while making a grasping motion with my hand.

"Go beyond my limits?" Astral states even though it comes out as a question

"Yeah." I say with a nod

Astral just gives a dismissive nod.

I turn as Yuma suddenly yells out having fallen to the floor due to his awkward sleeping position.

"Baka." I say with a soft chuckle.

"Ouch" Yuma groans out before sitting up and looking at Astral and I and chuckling awkwardly.

I see Yuma stand up with a concerned look on his face I follow his sight to see him looking at Astral, I knew I had lifted Astral out of his depression a little bit, but only Yuma could truly pull him out.

"It's because you're always around me that my soul was targeted." Yuma tells Astral.

I was going to hit Yuma for being so blunt to Astral, but I wanted to see how Astral reacted to it.