Chapter 19: The Pitch-Black Numbers: Dark Ventus Vs Kotori

Kotori and I were standing atop a building while we watched Yuma duel a Number Holder, on Yuma's field was Number 39 Aspiring Emperor Hope, and on the Holder's side was 3 copies of Giant Germ.

"I Overlay my three Level 2 Giant Germs!" The Holder Declares as the three monsters enter the Overlay Network

"Here it comes." I comment.

"I construct the Overlay Network with these three Level 2 Monsters." The Holder Chants out, "Xyz Summon, Come forth, Numbers 96 Black Mist!" (Number 96: Black Mist, Rank 2, 100 ATK)

The Number that appeared looked like a humanoid slime monster.

"100 ATK?" I question to myself.

"Don't tell me, it's very weak?" Kotori questions.

"Doubtful." I say with a shake of my head, "Yuma better be careful." I comment.

"Let me crush this Numbers!" Yuma says in a confident tone.

I stumble a bit, "This is Not what I meant." I mutter to myself, "Wait Yuma, if you recklessly attack you might run into an effect that will make you lose!" I yell at him.

"Don't attack recklessly!" Astral yells at Yuma.

"I attack Black Mist with Hope!" Yuma declares

"BAKA!" I yell out, biting my lip in worry for the Holder's counterattack.

"Go, Hope!" Yuma yells out pointing forward, "HOPE SWORD SLASH!" he yells out as Number 39 draw's its sword and slashes the Number to pieces.

The Holder yells out as he is sent flying. (Holder: 1000 – 0) (Yuma: WIN!)

"I did it, a big win!" Yuma cheers out.

I frowned and took of my D-Gazer as the AR turned off, "Why didn't he use any effect?" I mentally question, "It's almost like the Number wanted to be taken, but that's impossible a Number can't be sentient...right?" I cross my arms in thought as I watch Astral take the Number.

"That was awesome, Yuma!" Kotori compliments Yuma.

"A piece of cake, I call it perfect victory!" Yuma boasts

I stand there with my hair shadowing my face, not letting my feelings show.

-Zexal-

"Did you see that?" Yuma boasts as we were all walking home, "Hmph, as long as I'm around, the Numbers stand no chance!" he brags.

"It's just a single win you know." Kotori says with an exasperated sigh

I crossed my Arms, "Yuma you were really reckless with Hope's attack, it was dangerous." I scold him.

"It's alright, that kind of Numbers ain't worth it." Yuma says brushing it off.

I was fed up with Yuma's attitude, I slapped him across the face, Hard.

Kotori gasps in shock

I clenched my fist, "THAT'S NOT THE POINT!" I yell at Yuma who was now on the ground, "One." I say holding up three fingers before pausing and putting one down. "You have No clue about the effects of that monster, and B you should thank your lucky star's that the Holder didn't use any effect or did you forget that Astral's life was in the balance in that duel too?" I question him.

Yuma sits there in silence for a bit before standing up, "But I won anyway, I have my own ways to do things." He yells in retort.

I grab Yuma by the scruff of his shirt, "Yuma your attitude lately isn't pleasant." I scold him.