Chapter 4: The Turnaround Countdown! The Counter Strategy Lies with Astral!?

"I set one card face-down and end my turn!" Ukyo announces.

I looked over at the clock to see that 20 minutes were left. "Crap, I have to hurry up" I mentally tell myself.

"It's my Turn!" Astral yells out, making me stumble a bit as I forgot he was there.

"Astral, can you observe my dueling a bit more before you decide to take over?" I ask him.

Astral studies me for a bit. "Very well Ven, but if I feel your losing I will take over."

"Deal" I tell Astral before turning back to Ukyo.

"I know you told me that there is someone there, but it just looks weird to see Ventus-Kun talking to himself." I hear Takashi comment.

"Yeah it does look a little weird at first, but you get used to it" Kotori tells him.

"My Turn, DRAW!" I yell out pulling my card from the Pile. "At the Stand By phase the banished Wind-Up Hunter returns to my field." The Monster comes crashing down from the sky. "Next I activate Wind-Up Hunters Effect." "Just once while this card is Face Up on the field I can release a Wind-Up Monster to randomly destroy a card in your hand. I Release Wind-Up Rabbit. Overtight Shot." I yell out as Hunter releases its arrow and destroys a card in Ukyo's Hand.

"Bastard" Ukyo Growls out.

"Good Job Ven, you lowered his resources, perhaps you are a better duelist then Yuma" Astral Comments.

"Thanks Astral" I tell him before turning back to duel "Since a Wind-Up Activated their effect I use Factories Effect to add Wind-Up Dog to my Hand. I looked at my hand and field and considered my options. I decide on a play. "I activate from my hand the Magic Card Thunder Crash, Due to this cards effect I destroy all monsters I control to inflict 300 points of Damage to you." I tell him as Wind-Up Hunter is destroyed in an electrical shock and Ukyo is hit for 300 Life Points. (Ukyo-3700)

"Yes, you dealt Life Damage" Yuma yells out.

"No" I say with a shake of the head. "That was merely to bait out that set card."

"How Dare You damage my life!" Ukyo growls out, I see the Numbers Aura glowing in his eyes. "I activate a Trap Card!" he announces, I brace myself for its effect. "Damage Vaccine Omega Max, When I take damage, this card recovers my Life by the damage I received" Ukyo tells me as his life goes back up to full. (Ukyo: 3700-4000)

"So that's his strategy, life recovery" I comment to myself.

"I yearn for a perfect victory! Ukyo tells me. "I won't let you injure even a speck of my Life!

I look at my hand again. "I Summon Wind-Up Dog" I announce as the Toy dog appears on the field. (Wind-Up Dog, Level 3, 1200 Atk) "Next I activate Wind-Up Dog's Monster Effect. Once while this card if face up on the Field I can raise Its Level to 5 and its attack Power to 1800. "Next I activate my Zenmailstrom Trap Card." I announce as my card flips up. "I release a Face-Up Wind-Up Monster with 1500 or more attack" I explain as I put Dog into the Grave. "Then from my hand I summon Wind-Up Rat. (Wind-Up Rat, Level 3. 600 ATK) "Next, due to the Second Part of Zenmailstrom's Effect I summon from my deck a Wind-Up Monster with 600 Attack" I explain as a Card pops out of the Deck. "I Summon Wind-Up Magician" (Wind-Up Magician, Level 4, 600 Atk)

"Next I activate Wind Up Rat's Effect, Once While this card Is face up on the Field I can turn it to Defense Position to Revive a Wind-Up Monster in the Grave." I announce as I turn Rat to Defense. "I summon Wind-Up Hunter" I grab the card that slide out of my graveyard and put in onto the Monster Zone. "Next Since a Wind-Up used their effect, I summon a Wind-Up Monster from my Deck as long as it's level 4 or Lower. I Bring out the Level 2 Wind-Up Snail" I say grabbing the card and putting it onto the monster zone. (Wind-Up Snail, Level 2, 2000 Def)