Chapter 21: Fierce fight to save our friend, Reminiscence of the bird.

(Earlier that same day, Kotori POV)

I was standing in the pool by the water talking to my friends, they were asking me all kinds of questions about my relationship with Ventus, I had told them we were dating and they kept pestering me for details, it was starting to get a little on my nerves.

"Hold on." I heard the familiar voice of Takashi call out, I turn to see him blocking Yuma's path.

"What's your problem?!" Yuma questions Takashi.

"You are not allowed to enter the pool while wearing a pendant!" Takashi tells Yuma.

I walked over to the two of them feeling embarrassed about their antics but wanting to ask Yuma where Ven was as I hadn't seen him recently.

"Why not?" Yuma questions Takashi

"That's because, to summarize, it's dangerous!" Takashi tells Yuma.

"It's not dangerous at all!" Yuma retorts.

"Cat thinks so as well." Cat-chan says popping up, I used to feel a bit of jealously at her, but once I realized my feelings for Ven those went away.

"Say Yuma, didn't you dive into the pool a few days ago and injure your head as a result?" I ask Yuma trying to get him to remember how he accidently hurt Takashi with the pendant.

"Head injury, who hit theirs?" Yuma questions in confusion.

I let out a frustrighted internal sigh, of course he wouldn't remember.

"My head!" Takashi yells out in anger ripping off his swimming cap and showing his bandaged head to Yuma.

Yuma lets out a frustrated sigh and goes towards the boy's locker room.

Once Yuma came back I dove into the water as the class began, I looked around still wondering where Ven was, he was never late for a class so I was a bit worried.

-Zexal—

During the class there was a loud explosion noise from the direction of the Boy's locker room.

"What was that?" Tetsuo questions.

"I don't know, let's go take a look." Takashi says.

Everyone gets out of the pool and heads towards the locker room, there's a giant hole in the wall, as the boys walk in and look around us girls look through the whole.

"Cruel." I state as the boy's locker room was completely destroyed.

"Who did this?" Tetsuo questions.

"To summarize, no human could have done it." Takashi says.

"Obviously." I think to myself in sarcasm before mentally chuckling, Ven was really starting to rub off on me.

"It's gone... gone... gone...Gone!" Yuma yells in a panic, "The Emperor's Key is gone!" he yells in panic.

"What?" Takashi questions.

"Who would have taken the Emperor's Key?" Tetsuo questions.

I notice the clock by the wall showing class was over, "Guys!" I call out to them gaining their attention, "Class is over, get changed and we'll go search for the key." I tell them.

"Why are you acting like Ven." Yuma mutters under his breath.

"Just do it!" I snap at him a little peeved at his attitude before going to the girls locker room, "What the?!" I gasp in shock as the girls locker room is damaged as well but less than the boys, the only thing damaged was.. "My Locker!" I yell out in shock as I run over and dig through my locker to make sure everything was there, I let out a sigh of relief that the small necklace Ven gave me was still there.