Chapter 23: The King of Darkness

(Kotori POV)

I couldn't believe how things came to this. I thought as I glared at the jerks who had tied me up. It had been six months since my boyfriend had left suddenly after we had retrieved Yuma's Emperor's Key

I had been looking forward to seeing my boyfriend again when an old nightmare from my past appeared, I had always thought it was a dream but I realized now that Ven had just told a lie to protect me.

"I'm gonna have fun making you squirm." The boss they called Snake almost hisses out and he slid his tongue over my neck making me squirm in disgust.

"You jerk I thought they locked you up for life." I growl at Snake.

Snake gives an almost insane smirk, "Did you really hope that to be true?" He asks in a taunting tone, "I told you that I wanted revenge on your mother for what she did to me, but that is no longer true, instead I want that boy to pay for the humiliation he did to me, and since he protected you so well you're the perfect bait." He says running his tongue over the knife he held.

"Ven." I thought in worry.

"With my new power he will be helpless against me." Snake says holding up a card with an evil grin as I see a faint aura surround the card, I knew he was talking about the Number he used against me in the duel, I hated him because I lost my chance in the WDC which had started this morning thanks to that bastard, truth was it wasn't the loss that made me mad, it was that whenever he attacked he had his thugs hold me so I couldn't use any of my cards to stop him.

I tried wiggling out of my binds earning a harsh kick in the gut from one of Snake's henchmen making me cry out in pain.

"You better learn your place girly or else." Snake says running the back of the knife over my neck making me shudder in fright, "Although..." he says pausing running his tongue over his teeth, "I do have needs that need to be satisfied and you certainly can do that." He says with a lecherous eyes.

My heart skipped a beat in fear when I heard those words, I knew what he meant by that right away and I was scared, "Help me Ven." I plead mentally hoping for someone to save me.

"I'm gonna enjoy your screams." Snake says with a crazed grin when suddenly echoing footsteps begin to get closer and closer to us.

"Huh who's there?!" Snake yells out gripping his knife.

The answer we got in return was the last thing we expected, instead of answering right away or being stealthy the approaching figure began...singing

"Blooming wildflower I beg you, please tell me why do people fight and hurt each other?" the voice sang.

"W-Who is that?" Snake questions looking around tense, his two thugs also on guard.

"Valiantly blooming flower, What can you see from your field?" The footsteps get louder and we see a figure emerge from the shadows as he continues singing.

"The rain passed, and summer took on blue hues All alone now you trembled before me without saying a word." He pausing in his singing and I took in the new comer, he had snow white hair with Sunglasses over his eyes and was wearing a tattered and worn first year Heartland Academy uniform and over that was a dark green almost brown trench coat, with the right arm out of the sleeve, around his neck was a long red scarf that went down to his waist his psychical appearance was a bit strange, the right side of his face right of hie eye was black and well as his right arm from the elbow down there was a pink ribbon tied around his arm just above the black part, but the rest of his body was white, something about seemed familiar.

"Oi brat who are you?" Snake questions the new figure.

..... The new comer says nothing

"Teme, answer me!" Snake yells at him before gesturing to his two henchmen.