Chapter 24: The Return

(Ven POV – Earlier that Same Day)

I took in a giant breath through my nose as I looked down at the expanding horizon filled with Heartland City and let it out, my face morphing into a smile, "I missed this place." I say to myself as I clench my bag and begin to begin the trek down to the city, I had changed a bit over those six months I was a bit more muscular, I still had my Silver hair from my attack due to Kaito and some parts of my body were now Black due to a some stuff that happened.

"I bet you're excited to see that girl again." I hear 96 tease from within my consciousness.

"Shut Up." I snap mentally with a blush he had mellowed out a bit during the six months we were together, literally for the last 2 of those.

"It looks like we have 2 hours before the Carnival Starts, What do you wanna do?" I ask my "Hitchhiker" as he appears beside me in a projection as I look at a clock.

"Don't get cocky, use this time to prepare for the duels." Black Mist tells me.

I raise an eyebrow, "You telling ME to be calm, that's funny coming from you." I tease him.

Black Mist is silent for a bit, "You know that incident affected me deeply." He tells me.

I silently grab my right arm where it my white forearm meets my black arm, "Yeah I remember." I say briefly flinching as a phantom pain hits me, "But at least we got a Number out of it." I say with a positive attitude as I flip open the Deck Case and Pull out the Cards and Look at them, I currently Held, Number 96 Black Mist, Number 49 Fortune Tune, I had to remember to return that to Kotori when I saw her again, Number 50 Blackship of Corn, Number 22 Zombiestein, Number 91 Thunder Spark Dragon, Number 85 Crazy Box, the one that caused us the Most problems, Number 65 Djinn Buster, When I looked at the last one I smiled a bit, it was my own Number forged from the small pieces of my memory of my sister, I had tried to find her when I was traveling but I didn't have any luck, to be honest my memory of the accident is fuzzy so... I shake my head, "Best not to think of that." I mutter to myself as I put Number 26 Fragile Memoria, Princess Lyra away with the others.

"Let's get something to eat." I say to the Number as my stomach growls a bit, I pull my scarf over my face as I walk into town, I only take a few steps when I'm knocked to the ground.

"Sorry about that." A voice says, I look up, I feel my lips form into a smile behind my scarf as I see Yuma, "Are you alright?" He asks holding out his hand.

I take his hand with my left hand since that one was the normal looking one and let him pull me up, "Thanks" I say my voice muffled by my scarf.

"No problem!" Yuma says with a huge smile, before his face flashes into a panic, "Oh crap I forgot I need to go ask them for a Heart piece, See you!" he says as he runs off.

I chuckle, "Typical Yuma to forget to get a Heart piece." I say as I watch his retreating form.

"Soon I'll Take Astral's Numbers and Become the Strongest." I hear Black Mist comment with a chuckle.

I sigh, "You really can't let that go can you."

"What, a guy can't have a hobby?" he asks in a mocking tone.

I let out a bark of laughter as I walk into a nearby restaurant earing a few looks of confusion from the people inside due to laughing to an invisible being.

-Zexal-

I was walking by Heartland Tower when I heard some noise, I turned and let out a light chuckle, I saw my Idiot brother arguing with the crew trying to get in to get a Heart piece.

"Same as ever." I mutter under my breath, I feel my heart flutter and my stomach twist a bit when my eyes lock onto the form of my girlfriend Kotori.

"Why don't you go say Hi and tell them who you are?" Black Mist questions me.