Chapter 13: Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon Descends!

I was standing in the middle of a white abyss, I couldn't see very far as everything was very foggy

"Where am I?" I question aloud my voice echoing around me. I take a few moments to study my surroundings wondering how I got there, "Let's see that truck was about to hit Kotori and then..." I gasped "Kotori, Where are you?!" I yell out into the void my voice echoing once more but getting no response.

After a few moments I hear footsteps coming closer and see a shadow of what looks like a little girl.

"Heh, heh, heh, heh." An innocent childish laughter rings through the air that sounded familiar to me.

"Who's there?!" I yell out.

"O_" The voice says but I can't understand it because the words sound like a very bad static filled Radio.

"I'm sorry I can't understand you." I tell the figure

"_H_" The figure says again before running off giggling.

"Wait!" I yell out running after the figure as the fog rolls in making it harder and hard for me to see them. "Wait!" I yell out once more as they get more and more distant and running to catch up to them in an arduous task as the fog blankets my world.

-Zexal—

"WAIT!" I yell out as my eyes snap open and I sit up gasping for breath.

"Wh-what happened?" I mutter softly as the haze in my head slowly lifts up, "Kotori!" I yell out in worry as the memory of the truck coming at her comes back in full force. I look around I see her floating frozen in midair. "What?!" I mentally question before quickly looking around. I notice that the rain is also frozen in midair.

"So you must have a Number as well! A voice states.

I turn and see Yuma with his duel disk activated facing a teen with blond hair in a white outfit.

I shrug. "Maybe." I say to the person I assume to be the Number Hunter.

"Of course you have a Number, in this field only those who hold a number may move!" the robot next to the hunter snaps.

"SHUT UP YOU TIN CAN!" I snap at the robots annoying voice.

I see a very faint hint of amusement on the hunter's eyes before it blinks out.

"Once I finish my hunt here, I will be going after your Numbers!" The Hunter says.

"Yeah, yeah." I say in a distracting tone before going over to Kotori and checking her over, making sure she's okay.

"That's a relief" I say as I notice she's unharmed.

I turn back to Yuma and the Hunter and put on my D-Gazer so I can see the duel, On the Hunter's side is a Dragon made of stars and on Yuma's side is Number 39 Aspiring Emperor Hope.

"Ven! This duel is dangerous you must take over for Yuma!" Astral pleads.

I ignore him, casting my eyes at the Hunter silently telling Astral, "I can't answer with him there."

I push Kotori through the air a bit closer to the side walk and take a seat on the railing next to her, to watch the duel.

"You can do this Yuma!" I tell him before examining my nails a bit. "I can't always protect you, you have to fight battles like this yourself to grow stronger." I say in an offhand tone.

"Yeah!" Yuma says with a nod, "I'll bring it to 'em!"

The shock I felt yesterday goes through my body again I wince and bite my lip to stop screaming out in pain my hands gripping the railing as my body begins to sweat lightly, It takes a bit but I manage to push past the pain, and make it a bearable level.