Chapter 16

Zee's POV

After that incident Nu and I became more inseparable, we hang out more often and we are now very comfortable with each other. I make sure to make him feel that I also like him not just a friend by flirting with him sometimes but not to the extent of making him uncomfortable.

Right now we are here at the park we bought some snacks and a blanket so it looks like we are on a picnic. I've been planning to slowly confess my feelings to him I don't want him to get that it's just friendship between us because that's not my intention at all. I want him to be my boyfriend.

We are in a very comfortable silence just watching the view and feeling the breeze when I broke the silence.

Nu...

Hmm...

Can I ask you a question?

Sure what is it?

Do you have someone you like now?

He got tense for a while and then became relaxed. He was looking at the view when he smiled so sweetly and then he looked at me and answered.

Yeah, I have someone I like now.

That made my heart beat fast.

May I know who is she or him?

Uhmm... it's a secret for now but you know him.

I felt like a hundred knives are stabbing my heart right now. It hurts. His answer is obviously pertaining to someone else and not me. I am guessing it's Max.

I looked away from him when I felt my tears starting to form in my eyes I don't want him to see me like this. Even though I love him so much I don't want to burden him with my feelings. I don't want him to pity me either.

How about you hia? Do you have someone you like?

I looked far away and with a small sad smile, I respond to him.

Yeah, I do have someone I like but I don't think it is mutual.

He didn't respond to my answer and I did not dare look at his expression either I am too scared to see it. I tried so hard to hold back my tears but a tear fell from my eyes. I immediately wiped it I'm glad he is not looking at me. After wiping it I quickly stood up and told him I'll us some drinks.

I quickly ran to a convenience store and hid in the bathroom then my tears slowly fell from my eyes nonstop. Glad there's a sink and faucet in there I washed my face trying to hide the puffiness caused by crying and then I started fixing myself making sure there is no trace of what just happened.

I quickly ran back to where I left Nu and he looks worried.

Hia what took you so long I thought something already happened to you.

Sorry, Nu there are a lot of people in the convenience store.

Oh ok. Uhmm btw are you ok? you don't look so well hia

Yeah I'm fine

Are you sure?

Yeah, don't worry.

I think we should go home already so you can rest hia.

No Nu it's ok we can still stay ( l still want to be with you even if it hurts)

No hia you should get some rest let's just do this again next time

I agreed since when he decides it would be final