Chapter 17

Zee's POV

Max's last statement sticks in my mind. No, I can't let this happen. If Max would make a move to Nu there's a big chance they would end up together because Nu likes him. And the thought of them together broke my heart into pieces. I won't let that happen.

If before I am not openly showing my feelings to Nu because I am afraid I would make him feel uncomfortable and be burdened about it. Now I would take every chance I have to let him know I love him before it's too late.

I texted Nu to meet me at the cafe where we used to go to during our practice before.

"Nu, I have something to tell you tomorrow can you meet me at the cafe where we use to go when we practice for the performance before?"

"Sure hia what time should we meet up?"

"After school Nu see you there."

I was restless the whole day. I am nervous later I am planning to confess to him and officially ask him if he would let me court him. I am hoping he would let me.

The time of our meet-up came I am patiently waiting for him and readying myself taking all the courage I have for my confession.

30 minutes have passed he is still nowhere to be seen. I decided to message him.

"Nu, I am already here at the cafe are you still in class?"

"OMG hia I'm sorry I forgot something came up and I really need to be there I'm sorry I'll make it up to you tomorrow is it ok if we rescheduled this tomorrow."

"Yeah sure is everything ok?"

"Yes, hia don't worry."

I was a bit discouraged but I do understand his situation so I guess I'll have to prepare for tomorrow.

I was on my way home when I saw two familiar figures on the side of the road.

It can't be those figures are very familiar.

He said something came up did he lie to me to be with Max?

I felt like my heart's been ripped out. Is my fear coming to reality now? Nu don't do this to me.

That night I felt like I was drowning in pain. No maybe I still have a chance I will fight till the end I won't surrender easily.

Next day...

The whole day all I've been seeing is Max and Nu together happily talking with each other. I want to hate Max but I can't because I don't have the right to Nu, he isn't mine, to begin with. I waited till the end of class and immediately made my way to the cafe where we are going to meet.

When Nu arrived it somehow made me feel relieved he showed up this time.

I looked at him while he was setting himself to sit.

Hia? are you ok? You look so worn out did something happen.

I am so sorry about yesterday something just cam-

I cut him off.

Nu, I like you.

He smiled, I like you too hia.

No that's not what I meant.

I like you romantically not just as friends.
I won't tell him I love him yet I don't want to shock him that much.

He looks so taken aback. He couldn't respond. So I took the chance to continue what I'm saying

I liked you for a long time now Nu if you are thinking that it started when we perform for our club, no it was way longer than that. I started liking you when you don't even know me yet. I know that telling you this would be useless since you already have someone you like. It's Max, right?

Hia... I

I know Nu I knew it even before. I am confessing to you to let you know about my feelings and to also try my luck. Let me court you Nu. Please give me the chance to show you what I feel.

He still looked so shocked that he was unable to say a word to me and I am also feeling my nerves wrecking inside so I took the chance to give him space first to let him comprehend what I just said and to calm myself

You don't have to give me an answer right now you can take your time to think about it let me know when you already have a response.

I give him a small smile to assure him and then exit myself.

After getting away from that place I feel my heart pounding so hard that it feels like it would come out of my rib cage.

Nunew's POV

Hia likes me?

I am still processing what just happened and what he just told me. I can't believe it he likes me for a long time now and he thinks I liked P'Max. What the hell had just happened that made him confess to me suddenly.

I was not able to come yesterday because of Nat he pranked me that he was so sick which made me go to him immediately forgetting hia. But it ends up he just wants to hang out with me then I coincidentally met P'Max then he offered me a ride home I agreed because it would be hard for me to find a ride at that hour.

So this is what hia wanted to tell me yesterday, goodness I am freaking out inside. Hia likes me too. There's a mix of excitement, happiness, and nervousness all inside me now and it's making my head spin.  

I was still collecting my thoughts for a few moments before my mind finally functioned again. No,  hia is misunderstanding what I feel now I need to fix this.

I immediately called Hia but he is not answering my phone calls. So I called Nat instead. After three rings he answered

"Nat do you have P'Max's number?"

"Yeah, why are you asking?"

"Give me his number?"

"But wh-"

I cut him off

"Give me his number Nat so I can ask where Hia lives."

"Oh ok, I'll send it to you, I don't know what's happening but good luck Nu."

I ended the call and immediately dialed P'Max's number. Thankfully he answered my call.

"Hello, who is this?"

"Hi, P'Max this is Nunew."

"Oh, New why did you call?"

"Uhmm may I know where hia lives? can you give me his address?"

He didn't ask anything and just immediately gave it to me which relieves me.

When P'max sends hia's address called a taxi to go where he lives.

When I arrive at the place I was in awe to see a very modern-looking house, our house is pretty big as well but hia's house is on another level. I rang the bell hoping for hia to be there.

Who's there? 

A voice from the doorbell came out. And I knew it was hia's voice.

Hia it's me Nunew.