She knows... He doesn't

By the time the class was over, Jade had multiple pages of notes - Jade was so out of it, that she didn't even realize how many notes she had taken. Although the rest of the class had made it painfully clear that it was far too many. Jade came to once everyone in the class began leaving, however, she was pulled back into her thoughts when she looked back down at her notes. JetWash 

Maverick came to sit beside her, in the seat that was now empty - she was the only one left in the makeshift classroom. He had meant to talk to her after class, but now he was concerned about her well-being, "Lieutenant, are you okay?" 

Jade suddenly looked up, "Yeah, just thinking. What did you want to talk about again? What you mentioned at the beginning of class?" 

Maverick was still concerned but decided to change the subject, "Oh yes, about the question you asked last night?" 

Jade sighed, "I told you to forget it, it's stupid" She started collecting her notes. 

Maverick stood up, "Well, I still have an answer. And that is, yes. It was very hard to move around. It's a part of the job Renegade. I regret moving from certain places yes. Like Arizona, that was very, very difficult for me. Just know that if something is true, it will all work out in the end." Maverick coughed, not really wanting to be awkward, but he is. 

Jade stood up, picking up her notes, and the same word popped out to her again, Jetwash. She looked at Mav, "Thank you. Do you mind another question?" 

Mav crossed his arms, "Sure. Shoot" 

Jade took a deep breath, she knew this question could mean total exposure to her identity but her conversation with Emma was looming over her head, and that word tackled her. She just needed to know, "I mentioned last night at the Hard Deck, that my father was a pilot as well." Maverick nodded in response, "Well, I'm worried about his reputation repeating itself..." 

Mav tilted his head slightly confused, "What do you mean?" 

Jade fiddled with her papers, "What I mean is... He, well did something dangerous and his RIO died. I, well I'm worried that history might repeat itself. I don't fly with a RIO, but what if - " Jade's voice faded out. 

Mav sighed, he in fact didn't know who this pilot was. He'd possibly talk to Bradley about it, Mav thought he might know because of the friendship between the two, "Well, you can't be scared like that Jade. You have to move on, and learn to let it go. You don't worry about the what ifs, you're a fighter pilot. And a damn good one at that. You fly like no other in you're class, you adapt, and that's key to being a pilot. Your father would be proud of you, I know I am. I can tell you right now, even if history would repeat itself, know I'd be right there to pull you back up. On your side when it came to the trails.  I've been there, and you're not going to abandon your career over something that might happen. Now you look exhausted go get some rest kid." And with that Maverick walked away. 

Jade was barely holding back tears as she walked into the ladies changing room, Emma was fully ready to go, but she waited for Jade to return. Emma immediately jumped up, seeing Jade's face, "Oh my what's wrong?!" 

 Jade debated waving it off or simply telling Emma what was wrong. She took a deep breath, "Emma, would you like to sleep over tonight? I think I need a best friend to rant to." Jade smiled and sniffled. 

Emma perked up at this, "Can do bestie! I'll go and get some wine too and I'll be over later. Don't worry I'll make it the best night ever." Then Emma rushed out. 

Jade silently got dressed into casual clothes for the day, slipping out of the ladies' locker room hoping to not be spotted - wow was she spotted instantly by Rooster.