Holy Shit, It's Maverick and Goose

Today was the day and Jade thought she might just throw up. The entire class was sitting in the classroom, those who need to be in their flight gear were. Class wasn't due to start for another ten minutes but Jade sat in her normal seat ready to go. Bradley walked in and sat next to her, "Hey Jade before I go up, we haven't been able to talk like Capitan Mitchell wanted." 

Jade looked over at Bradley, "I didn't think we had to." She answered honestly. 

Bradley let out a sigh, "Look Jade I know just as well as you do the anxieties that fill the air right now. I too feel like I'm about to vomit, it's just too similar. We'll get through this I promise we will. We just, we think up there, things will turn out for the worst. I flew with Hawk yesterday, he didn't do too well, but passed none to less. We can do this, right?" Bradley questioned her. 

Jade let out a shake breath, "yes we can. We know what we're doing. Just, Bradley. Watch out for canopy's" Jade tried to laugh it off, knowing that comedy was the only thing that was going to hold her together. 

Bradley forced a chuckle as he answered, "As long as you watch out for jet washes." 

Jade nodded, "Can do. Just Bradley if anything happens, I will do everything in my power to gain control and save you." 

Bradley looked Jade in the eyes, "As would I, Jade. But let's make sure there is no reason to have to regain control." Jade simply nodded at this. Maverick now entered the classroom, and Bradley stood next to him. 

Maverick began to explain, "Alright so we have three pilots left to go today. You all saw how yesterday worked. First up, is Stealer and Bradshaw with Malcolm as Wingman, flying solo. I know these aren't your usual wingmen, but sometimes this is how the world of aviators work. Then we have, Fox and Bradshaw with wingman H20, flying solo. Finally, we have Renegade and Rooster, with wingman Hawk, flying solo. Let's get up in the air." 

All of the aviators got up and moved to go outside, Hawk and Renegade waiting inside listening to the radio in the waiting area of the deck. Before the two entered the waiting area, Maverick pulled Renegade aside, "Look Jade, I'm going to be honest with you and hopefully this will take your nervousness away. No matter how you do up there, although I'm positive you'll do great, you have enough points to graduate, AND there is no way in the next few hops that Norman can catch up to you. Keep up the good work, you've got this in the bag alright?" 

Jade nodded, smiling from ear to ear. Maverick smiled too, he knew this would help her out. With that he made his way out to the deck to get in his jet and get ready. 

Jade then entered the waiting area, the next group was already ready in their planes, being prepared to go right up once the other group lands. So in the waiting area, there was only Jade and Jared, much like this story had began with. Jared looked at the smile on Jade's face, "What got into you? Minutes ago you looked like you were about to pass out?" 

Jade had to contain it, she didn't want to seem like an asshole and brag in everyone's face, she didn't like to do that believe it or not, "Well, I just realized that soon we'll be graduated, and the sooner this is over. The closer we are to out of here, and the closer we are to doing the actual pilot shit. No more dogfights. We're at the bottom of the ninth inning." 

Jared scoffed, "I don't like your new found optimism, because you know we still have finals. And you have to keep at it if you don't want Norman to surpass you. But I'll let you keep that happiness for now." 

Jade looked at Jared annoyed, "I don't know why you're so down. Lighten up will ya? Tell ya what, you lighten up and I'll by ya some drinks tonight? We'll get the whole crew to go down, and we will party the night away."