31 days Until Doom

It was Monday morning, the three different squadrons sat on the tarmac awaiting orders from Admiral Beau. The three leaders of the Squadrons stood at the front of the meeting, so that Admiral Beau was at the front podium and the other pilots were at tables behind the three leaders. (Below it how they're all set up and who is in what squadron to begin with)

"Rear Admiral Mitchell, Commander Bradshaw, Lieutenant Commander Mitchell, are all of your pilots present?" Admiral Beau asked

"Rear Admiral Mitchell, Commander Bradshaw, Lieutenant Commander Mitchell, are all of your pilots present?" Admiral Beau asked. The three of them nodded, Beau continued, " If all of your pilots are present, come grab these mission files and pass them out to your squadrons." 

Each leader grabbed a box of mission files and went to their squadrons. Once they were down handing out the files Admiral Beau began to even out the Squadrons. 

"Falcon, go be Slider's pilot. Malcolm and Miles, you join the 86ers please. Yale and Harvard join them as well." Beau stated. So now each squadron had six pilots, except for the Doom Squadron which would have seven. 

Once the pilots were evenly spaced out, Admiral Beau dismissed himself leaving the leaders of each group to go over the mission file - which they had been briefed on early this morning. As Jade began briefing her pilots, Yale and Harvard from the other side of the hanger decided to pick issues with Jade... 

"You shouldn't even be a pilot, let along a leader! Women I tell you!" Yale laughs. Maverick and Rooster simply looked to Jade, letting her command the situation. It also is to be noted that Harvard, Yale, Omaha, and Fritz had only arrived the day before. They were not apart of the Dagger Mission although they trained for it. (A/N: they were not included in the pilots who were at Penny's apron Jade's return from the hospital.)

"Shut your mouth Yale," Jade commands, "Don't make me pull rank on you."

Yale just scoffed, "This one's got an attitude Harvard" he laughed. 

"That's right," Harvard replied also laughing now, "Until I see her fly, she gets no respect from me." 

Jade ignored them, and turned toward Hondo, "Hondo, inform the tower I'll be going up as soon as I am in my flight suit. Time they see my hidden talent, something that makes me the best of anyone in this room." 

Hondo simply nodded and made his way to the tower. Harvard laughed, "Arrogant much" 

Another voice erupted as they entered the Hanger, making their way up to the 86 Squadron, "I like that in a pilot." 

Jade turned toward the voice, "Mike Metcalf, you're still alive?" 

He simply laughed, "Somehow yes, I'm here to speak with Maverick." He pulled aside Maverick and excited the hanger. 

Jade turned to the locker room and dressed in her flight suit, she didn't care if the new Top Gun students were flying - she'd fight against them in their dogfight that's bound to be happening soon.