Just a Girl and her Mom

Jade woke up that next morning, it was a new day and she was thankful for that. Although, she knew that her mother would sooner or later question what happened last night. Upon waking up Jade immediately went to her kitchenette to make some coffee. However, when Jade got there, she saw her mother had already made her a cup, "Thanks momma. I sure have missed you around here" 

Jade sat down next to her mother at the tiny counter separating the small kitchen space from the living room. Jessica smiled, "I've missed you too, kid. What's the plan for today?" 

Jade chuckled nervously, "Well, I haven't really thought of any. I've been so stressed with midterms and honestly I forgot it was Family weekend." 

Jessica simply shook her head with a laugh, "Yes, yes. My little Jade getting caught up in her work. My little perfect pilot." Jessica then messed up Jade's hair by rubbing the top of her head. 

This just made Jade laugh, to the point she almost chocked on her coffee, "I am NOT perfect Mom, but yes I am trying to be. Anyway, maybe we go out and get lunch at the local restaurant? Maybe we'll run into a few of my friends and I can introduce you to them. Maybe we can sun bathe later? I know not crazy busy fun or all, but I... I haven't had the time to just relax and breathe here ya know?" 

Jessica smiled at her daughter, "Of course Jade, I'm not here to be entertained by you. I'm here to make sure my little gem is alright. Because someone doesn't like to respond to my letters." Jessica took jade's mug and hers to the sink to clean them. 

Jade smiled, "Thanks mom. Looks like you're already dressed. Let me get ready then we can head out." Jade then got up to go back to her room to change. 

Jessica smiled at her and called back,  "Don't think I didn't notice you coming home in Bradley's shirt!" 

This made Jade blush and roll her eyes as she closed her bedroom door. Jade had honestly forgotten about Bradley's shirt until that moment. Jade decided that maybe she'd wear it today when she went to the beach. However, she still was in the military, and it was only appropriate to wear her uniform. She tucked in her brown shirt, into the matching brown pants. She then grabbed her Vera Bradley duffle bag to pack a few beach clothes. She had gotten a whole set from the company from Iceman when she graduated flight school. The company had come out with an entire United States Navy pattern. She used them all the time when she was moving around. After that she did her hair back into that tight ass bun that honestly used to give her a headache but after awhile she got used to it. 

Jade walked out of her room, ready to go with the bag slung over her shoulder. Jessica came over grabbing the bag from Jade, "Here I'll put my things for the beach in here, and I'll carry it for you." Jade tried to fight her mother on this, "Nope, not happening. Let's go get some lunch, cause someone likes to sleep in." 

With that they were out the door on their way to the local restaurant in Miramar that all the pilots were reoccurring regulars at. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Once at the restaurant, like Jade had predicted they ran into other pilots in her class. They were sat at a large booth in the back corner of the place. Jade and Jessica approached the table. 

Jade gestured to her fellow classmates, "Mom this is Emma and her Rio Jack Petershaw, also known as H20 and Parrot. This is my wingman Hawk, or just Jared. Everyone, this is my mom, Jessica." 

Without hesitation Emma blurts out, "You had sex with Captain Mitchell?!" This made everyone a little awkward, and made Jade facepalm. Emma fixed the comment with another one, "Damn you are way out of his league Miss. Jessica"