Home, she's finally going Home

It was about noon the next day, the doctor was in with the Mitchells assessing Jade. The doctor sighed and looked at Pete and Jade - the only two who were currently in the room beside the Doctor, "Well, it looks like you're free to go home Lieutenant Mitchell. Remember you're going to want to see a neurologist, to track your healing, they're the ones who have to give you the green light to go back up in the air. Feel free to call us if you have any concerns, you got lucky, kid." 

Jade nodded having heard this a million times at this point. She was ready to be out of this place. She was done with the wires from the IV, she was done with the stupid hospital gown, and she was done with the smell of this place. Once the doctor left, the nurse returned to take out the IV and give Pete the discharge papers. 

Finally, the nurse had left, and Jade was ready to jump out of bed. Jade sat up and threw her legs over the side. Pete held out his hands to help her stand up, and although she didn't think she needed the help, she took up the offer anyway. She knew - from their conversation last night - that she needed to let him help, it would make him feel better to know he was helping. Pete handed Jade her bag of clothes her mother had packed and went to the bathroom to change. Thankfully her mother had packed the softest clothes Jade owned, she made a note to thank her mother for this. It was her navy blue sweatpants and crewneck sweatshirt from flight school. She put on the socks and slipped on the slides her mom had packed as well. 

Jade walked out of the bathroom and put the aviators Bradley had given her back on. Jade will admit she was very concussed. Pete walked over and offered her his arm, she gladly took it, "You ready to get out of here?" Jade nodded, "Bradley took my bike home, and left his truck here. So we'll be taking that home, sound good?" 

Jade nodded, they were now walking in the main lobby, almost out of the doors, "Home sounds great right about now." So the two aviators made their way back home, or Penny Benjamin's house. Penny just accepted the fact that random pilots walked in and out of her home now, although these two weren't random. 

--------------

Jade wasn't sure what she had been expecting when she arrived home. However, it was not the entire class waiting in the living room. They weren't the only ones either. Jade recognized the members of the Dagger Squad were there too, most likely to see Bradley. The ones she was most surprised by were her  Aunt Sarah and cousins Jack and Mercedes. Everyone was still when she entered, not sure how to act. Expect her Aunt who rushed to hold Jade in her arms. 

She whispered, "My sweet little Jade, how are you feeling?"

Jade, despite the pain to be held due to the bruises, tightly hugged her aunt back and responded, "I'm just fine Auntie Sarah. I had some great angels watchin' over me." Jade couldn't hold in the groan when her Aunt squeezed just a bit tighter. 

Jack walked up to his mother resting his hand on her shoulder, "Come on, mom. Jade must be bruised to all hell." 

Sarah quickly let go of Jade, "I'm sorry sweetheart, I-" 

Jade chuckled looking around the room at the worried faces, "No need to worry y'all. I'm right as the mail." She went to take the sunglasses off, squeezed her eyes shut, and quickly placed them back.

A chuckle that was a bit too loud for Jade's hearing sounded followed by a very quiet Bradley, "Shut the hell up Jake!" 

Sarah excused herself, along with her children, and went to help Penny cook for the numerous amount of people in the house. It was awkward at first until Pete coughed and spoke up, "Guys, Jade should probably sit down." The ones who were sitting on the couch now moved to sit in front of the couch as Jade, Pete, and Bradley sat on the couch.