Girls Night!

Bradley had dropped Jade off at her apartment complex and drove off speeding down the road. Jade had walked into her apartment and picked up the mail, she jumped about ten feet in the air when a voice spoke, "Well, well where were you?" Emma stated upset. 

Jade gasped in horror as she shut the door behind her, "Oh my god, I am so sorry Emma! Bradley and I went on a walk down the beach this afternoon, and I kinda lost track of time!" 

Emma laughed, "Yes, I knew you were with Bradshaw" 

Jade was confused, "How?" 

Emma raised her eyebrows and stared at Jade, "Well you're kind of displaying that to everyone. You're wearing his jacket" she smiled. 

Jade was horrified, took the jacket off, and hung it up, "Oh my god, I'm such an idiot. I need to start bringing my own jackets to places. I get cold so easily! Anyway, let's get this girls night started." Jade clapped as she sat on the couch. 

Emma scoffed, "Do you not know girls night rules! Go get in your pjs and then get out here." Jade went to her room laughing at Emma's demands. 

Jade returned in an oversize grey Top Gun shirt, and small black shorts that could not be seen from underneath the shirt. She sat on the couch next to Emma deciding to sit criss-cross to be across from Emma. Jade gladly accepted the glass of wine Emma handed to her, "So what's the first act of the Girls' Night plan?" 

Emma straightened herself up, "Well it's time we talked about boys... specifically Bradley Bradshaw."

Jade moaned in agony, "Why???" 

Emma laughed, "Don't blame me, you're the one who came home in HIS fighter jacket!" 

Jade sighed, "You're right... Well honestly like I said this morning, it's just friends.  We're just super close, have been since we were little. Besides, I feel that he knows nothing can seriously happen anyway, look at our jobs, Emma. It would be easy if only one of us was a pilot, but both. To date would be impossible, we'd be constantly separated from one another..." 

Emma smirked, "So you do like him!" 

Jade rolled her eyes, "I meant in general, you might not know but I like Pilots okay. That's my type I guess. It would never work out. And Bradshaw is a best friend. Others might see romance, but I don't think either of us take it that way. We're just instantly super close. It doesn't matter that we're pilots, we can just exist together without a worry in the world. I've never had a friend to just exist with, they've always wanted to be together, go shopping, do this do that. Bradley and I could just walk and we'd be content. Like tonight you know. Even with you, were sitting here drinking wine and talking. I've never had friends that are content with just being with me. It's nice" And with the ceremonial rant, Emma was now one of Jade's best friends. 

Emma nodded in agreeance with Jade, "I understand Jade, I always have felt the need to prove myself when I am on bases, but here I can just be me, be confident, Thanks to you. It is nice, isn't it? With Bradley, you said it feels natural? To be friends that is?" Jade nodded, sipping her wine, " Interesting, I know I brought this up earlier, but do you think it's destiny making you friends or just pure chance?" 

Jade thought, then answered, "I'm not sure, I feel like there is never a definite answer to these things, although I do understand where you're coming from, Emma. I think our connection was our decision, He could have hated me, but he didn't. He had every reason to, but he understood me. I understood him. We both seem very different sure, he's not afraid to put himself out here, but he doesn't like taking risks - he likes to fly slow. I on the other hand, am the exact opposite. I'm not the most sociable person, I like to sit at the bar alone until I've had a few drinks in my system, but I am one of the riskiest pilots there is."