A Few Weeks Later...

It had been a few weeks at Top Gun. Jade was top of her class followed closely by Norman Stealer. Midterms had just ended and the class was exhausted. Over the past few weeks Parrot, Emma, Hawk, and Jade had become very close. They became their own little clique. 

Today was yet another boring class. These six weeks have been filled with constant g-force pressures and analyzing textbook maneuvers compared to what our classmates had done. Not to mention the hops that constantly occur. Everyone in the classroom was falling asleep waiting for Maverick to arrive to teach the class. Even Bradley was falling asleep in the front row, also waiting for Maverick. Bradley and Jade over these six weeks barley were able to hang out outside of Bradley helping Jade study. 

After what felt like forever, Maverick entered the room. He looked just as tired as the rest of us. He looked at us, and then down at his lesson plans. Norman who was sleeping in the back jumped audibly when Maverick said, "Screw it! Go rest up guys you deserve it. You're such a hard working class. It's Thursday, so take liberty today, BUT on Friday meet on the beach for class at twelve. Trust me it will be fun, the entire family is invited. Dismissed." 

Everyone then seemed to jump up and leave, exited for their freedom after NONE what-so-ever for the past six weeks. Especially with it being family weekend the days off is perfect timing for the moral.  

Jade went to stand up and Bradley came over to talk with her, "Hey Jade" he called. Jade looked at Bradley, eyes droopy, "I know you're probably tired, but Penny wanted to invite you - or well I wanted to invite you and she said it was okay - but would you want to come over to Penny's Friday night for Dinner?" 

Jade couldn't see why not, "yeah, I'd like that. Now I am very tired Bradley. So I'll see ya around." 

Bradley stopped Jade again, "Hey do you want a ride back to your apartment?" 

Jade shook her head, "No I want to take the walk. Thank you though Bradley. Actually if you could pick me up for Dinner tomorrow that would be great." 

Bradley smiled and nodded, "Can do! Does Six work for you?" Jade nodded and began to head to the locker room to get out of her gear. 

Once in the locker room Jade quickly changed into for once not her brown uniform to go home, but a nice pair of jean shorts, a tank top (white), her pilot's jacket and of course her aviators. Oh, and for shoes it was a nice pair of Hey Dudes. Hey, don't judge, her feet hurt! She also took her hair down and brushed through the gel that held her bun in. There wasn't much, like explained she was very tired this morning. She then threw it up into a high pony tail and made her way back to her apartment. 

Once in her apartment she showered, grabbed a water bottle, made some ramen, and binged watch Netflix while lying in bed in her pajamas. Hey, what can I say. If you had been going through the most rigorous flight school for the past six weeks with little to no break, you too would be relaxing on the rest of your day off. Eventually Jade fell asleep and slept until eight am Friday morning.