TAV 02: Child in the Duchy

CHAPTER TWO : Child in the Duchy

Clarinette | Liana

Why do I have to settle for 7 years, Fate! Dapat inurong mo naman nag malayo para naman makagala ako!

Every second needs to be used properly. Para kasi akong may terminal illness at ang doktor ay binigyan ako ng konting panahon para mabuhay. Although, aside from being malnourished, wala namang sakit ang babaeng ito. Hindi lang ako kampante dahil mabilis ang daloy ng araw at gabi sa mundong ito. Napapansin ko 'yan habang tumatagal ang pananatili ko. Aside from that, I am born as a goal-driven perfectionist, and I cannot stay still if I know what lies ahead is unpredictable and uncontrollable. Right now, I need to gather enough money and information to survive. I must survive.

After our meeting in the pavilion. Teirro started telling me about the papers and the affiliations inside the Dukedom. I listened to him the whole afternoon. I have an office in the mansion which Clarinette never uses, kaya pinalinis ko pa bago ako pumasok.

Nagsimula na din magtanggal si Consuelo ng mga servants at walang kwentang tao sa mansyon. She could not do that unless ordered by the Duchess or the Duke. Kaya nang sinabi ko na malaya siyang magtanggal ng tao, halos naging dyamante ang mata niya. She must be tired tolerating these people, I gave her that. Isa pa, I gave Consuelo a new set of rules to follow inside the Duchy. Inatasan ko na din ito na palitan ang mga ilang gamit sa bahay na ayaw kong tingnan tuwing dumadaan ako. The House of Silverstein is divided into modern and medieval interior design.

Balak kong gawin aesthetic ang bahay na ito. The Duke is away and will be coming home after winning the battle, which is 10 years from now. Kung uuwi siya na iba ang awra ng bahay niya, kailangan niya ng tanggapin 'yon dahil wala na siyang sisihin dahil wala na ako dito kapag umuwi siya. Throughout afternoon, sandamakmak na papeles ang tiningnan at inaprubahan ko. Tuwang-tuwa naman si Teirro dahil hindi siya nahirapan sa akin. I knew business due to my previous parents. Ilan sa mga papeles ay reports ay amendments. May ilan na kailangan ng supply na siyang inaprubahan ko kaagad.

The crops were spoiled due to the rainy season this past month, and Tierro was hesitant to send a huge amount of money. He was shocked that I put 11 zero on the check. Hindi naman namomoblema sa pera ang Duchy dahil buwan-buwan ay nagpadala ang Hari. I know that the Duke is a cousin of the King. The only way to inherit the title of the Duke is either a decree of the ruler, or by birth right. The Duke's parents passed away before when he was young, and he managed the Duchy at such a young age.

According to my memories, he is known as Zegordia's merciless knight. Before, when the Kingdom was embraced by turmoil when the Empire of Revenia invaded the borderline and made bloodshed and tried to reach Huin: the place where the Royal Palace is located, the Duke helped the Crown Prince. I don't know what exactly happened because none of the townsfolk ever talked about it. My memory also holds limited information.

He is merciless, brutal, and decisive. Iyon lang ang alam ni Clarinette. She only has a memory of the Duke when they talked in the pavilion. In her memories, the Duke has a cold like voice and an aura that screams terror. Takot si Clarinette sa kanya, pero hindi naman siya namatay nang magkita sila. They don't see each other because Clarinette is aloof. He is busy with the matters circulating the Duchy too.

This day is so tiring. Hindi pa kami tapos ni Teirro sa mga papeles pero gabi na. Papunta na sana ako sa aking kwarto ng mahagip ng tainga ko ang isang palahaw ng bata. A baby crying non stop that echoed in the whole mansion.

A baby—

My eyes widen with realization. After immediately recalling a memory of that event, my feet rushed towards the room where I heard it and slammed the door open.