TAV 17: Same Place

Note: Nagpapasalamat ako sa mga sumusuporta ng TAV. I am grateful for your patience waiting for an update. As promised, here it is!

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN : Same Place

Clarinette | Liana

I am pretty sure that the Queen knows something. Hindi niya hahayaan na sabihin iyon sa akin dahil trip niya lang dumagdag sa problema ko. I wanted to confront the truth but I was told to rest since we've just arrived in the Palace.

The next day, iniwan ko kay Alina si Sofia. Pinahanap ko kay Teirro ang Reyna subalit sinabi lamang niya na nasa pulong ito. I wanted to go out from the West Wing but there are guards at the entrance of the mansion.

Wala akong choice kundi pumuslit palabas gamit ang ilang mga rota na tingin ko ay sinadya para sa mga katulong. Iniwasan kong may makasalamuha na ibang tao kaya mabilis ang lakad ko. I wore the cloak that Valan gave as a compensation for his pursuit.

Nang lumiko ako pakanan, may nakabangga akong tao.

"Blimey! What the f'ck!"

Kamuntikan akong matumba dahil sa impak subalit napasandal ako sa pader habang ang nakabunggo ko ay tuluyang napahandusay sa sahig.

"I apologize-"

"Can you see where you're going?!"

Dinapoan ko siya ng tingin dahil sa tono ng kanyang boses. Marangya ang kanyang kasuotan, may ilang alahas na kumikinang na siyang dumagdag sa kabuuang ganda nito. Her face was glowing without makeup and I immediately noticed her troubled face, especially that she kept looking backwards.

"Are you running away from someone?" I asked.

"Hell no! Why would I?!" she exclaimed.

Napakrus ako ng aking mga braso at tinaasan siya ng kilay. "Excuse me, Young Lady. Whoever you are avoiding, you're not allowed to run in the hallway and expect not to bump into someone and blame them for your misfortune."

"I-"

She was cut off when we heard gushing sounds of footsteps as if a horde of knights were coming our way. Nagulat din ako sa sumunod na nangyari dahil walang sabi-sabi niya akong hinila at nagtago. Akma sana akong magsasalita ng pigilan niya ako, at pinakinggan ang pagdaan ng mga tao na tantya ko ay siya ang pakay.

If I will narrow down the possibility of who this girl is, there are only two options: she's a princess or she's a thief. I guess the former sounds better just by looking at her appearance and how she gracefully moves.

Hinintay na lamang namin na mawala ang mga kawal at sabay na dumungaw sa direksyon kung saan namin narinig ang papalayong mga yabag.

Upon realizing we are now alone, I grabbed her wrist and pulled her out from the narrow pathway, looking at her with my glaring eyes, demanding for an explanation.

But instead, she gasped looking at me. Just when I realized the cloak that hid my head was removed and now I am completely exposed in front of this young lady. Kalauanan ay naibalik niya muli ang kanyang nawalang kaluluwa.

"I know you..." she pointed her forefinger in my direction "...you are Clarinette, the wife of my cousin Vyrre."

"And you must be Princess Frencia of Zegordia."

We shared a few stares until we stopped glaring at each other and rest the case.

"I apologize if I didn't recognize you, your highness," I said, half mocking.

"Neither do I," she said, trying to give off a domineering aura but she failed. "I wasn't expecting your presence in this building. Sinabi ni Ate Seisha nasa West Wing tumutuloy ang Dukesa."