TAV 13: News Flash

CHAPTER THIRTEEN : News Flash

Clarinette | Liana

"Is that what you really want?" he said.

I gulped twice when I heard his electrically pleasing voice over the line. Damn, boses pa lang pamatay na. Feeling ko nga din gwapo talaga 'to.

"You are declining the Queen, Clarinette. She's not just a mere person, but a royal who is also the adviser of the Kingdom. Don't you think you're being obnoxious?" he added.

Nasa opisina ako ni Teirro ngayon, at lumabas muna ito para iwan kaming dalawa ng Duke. Mabuti naman at nahagip ko kaagad si Teirro sa labas bago siya umalis papuntang sentro.

"I never attended any banquet for the last six years, your grace. Don't we think that it would be odd to attend just now after all those excuses?"

I tried to be reasonable, but this is the only thing I could think of. Clarinette never met other people aside from everyone inside the Mansion. So, why would I go beyond the territory just to attend a wedding?

Sapakin ko talaga itong si Teirro kapag sumang-ayon si Vyrre sa gusto ko.

"Perhaps the Queen wanted your presence due to the fact that you had been left out in the Duchy alone. A mere social gathering isn't that bad, wouldn't it?"

"It will be, your grace. Can you imagine a visible ghost walking down the aisle?"

"You walked down the aisle, too..." he paused and a few seconds had gone by before he spoke again "you wore a white dress with that physique, and I was there at the end of the red carpet. Are you telling me I married a ghost?"

Tumigil ang mundo ko sa sinabi niya. "That...that...wasn't I...uhm...It wasn't what I meant."

I can't seem to find my voice. Why the heck is this man teasing me like that? Hindi ko tuloy alam kung ano ang itsura ko ngayon. Ramdam ko ang pag-init ng aking pisngi.

"You should go out sometimes, wife..."

That wife again! Does he know I have a soft spot for that type of word that he is constantly using to tame me?

Nasapo ko na lamang ang aking noo dahil nagrarambolan na naman ang damdamin ko. Do I have to use the phrase 'butterfly in my stomach' to express what I am feeling?

Gosh! Hindi naman ako ganito dati. I'm conflicted because of how his voice affects me. Damn it, I never saw him but by just a mere voice, my confidence collapsed and now I am drowned in embarrassment.

Mabuti na lang naka-off ang camera.

"But, if you're not comfortable to go, just don't. You don't need to seek my approval for I know you have the capability to stand with your own decisions."

I returned my eyes to the screen. "Would it be okay to spend a hundred billion Zi just for my refusal?"

"Would you go if I ordered you to?"

"Why does our conversation have so many questions rather than answers?"

"You always had the question mark, wife."

"Because...I..." I can't find my words, again.

"Don't go," he saved my speechless moment. "Tell Teirro to send the check directly to the Palace. You don't need to exert efforts over those obligations that you find uncomfortable. Just stay there, and play with our daughter."

Damn. He sure knows sweet talking. Iniwasan kong lumabas ang ngiti sa aking mga labi baka mapagkamalan pa akong baliw kung may makakakita sa akin.

"Will the Queen understand?" I asked.