TAV 25: Real Truth

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE: Real Truth

Omniscient | 3RD Pov

The whole Dukedom is in chaos. Every Officer had the same worried look as their head tilted from side to side, gasping for air because any minute that they waste feels like fighting not to die.

In the middle of this turbulence, Clarinette made a drastic move that shattered the whole Dukedom. Her disappearance gave everyone who knows she is missing the idea of a furious Duke. They know if the Duke will get a wind of this, it's the end for them.

It has been six hours since Clarinette went out alone to find the boy named Noel. Hanggang ngayon, wala pa din silang nahahagilap ni anino ng dalawa.

The fire had been cut off two hours ago, and now they started to enter the nest of bewilderment to find the Duchess and the boy.

Looking for someone in the night is much harder than the day. Everything was dark, and the only thing that allowed them to see the place was a huge flashlight and the helicopters patrolling above them.

May kaba, pag-aalala, at takot ang namumuno sa damdamin ni Teirro. Sumama ito sa paghahanap, kasama ang bagong dating na mga opisyal ng Dior.

They were late, which resulted in the fire entering the Village and eating 80 percent of the entire housing. Mabuti na lang din ay nag-presenta ang gobyerno na ayusin ang mga nasira at bigyan ng handog ang mga nasunugan.

Sari Village is empty, and the deployed team to look for the Duchess were already in the mouth of the forest, but there's no body they found.

"Sir," biglaan wika ng Sheriff kay Tierro.

The Butler looked at the officer and removed his respirator.

The Sheriff continued, "this part of the forest has not been explored. We don't know what's lying beyond the marking we put. I am not saying that we will give up, but..."

"As long as there are no bones or shredded clothes, they are alive. I don't care about everything that doesn't concern the Dukedom. Sheriff, this is an order from the Duke of the West."

Rinig na rinig ang galit sa boses ni Teirro. Marami ang pumasok sa gubat subalit, kung hindi man nanghihina dahil sa usok, napapahamak naman ang mga ito sa matutulis na puno na biglaan na lamang nahuhulog. Among 50 men, there are only 19 left to scout the area.

"These men are trying their best. Kung wala tayong makita, may kumuha."

"Who would you think kidnapped the Duchess in the middle of a burning forest?" tanong ni Teirro.

Walang maisip ang Sheriff. It would be impossible to propose ransom knowing that this village is harmless. Isa pa, walang nakakakilala sa Dukesa maliban kung tanggalin ang suot niyang mask.

"Sheriff!"

Napadako ang tingin ng dalawa sa sumigaw. May kalayuan ito, subalit dahil sa boses na parang may pag-asa, mabilis na nilandas nila ang pagitan.

When Teirro and the Sheriff arrived at the location where a police officer stood, all of them looked in the same direction.

One of the medic immediately held the body and examined it. "He is breathing," he said. "We need a stretcher!"

It was the boy. Suot pa din ng bata ang binigay ni Clarinette na respirator mask.

Teirro's eyebrows narrowed upon the realization. "That is the Duchess' respirator mask! The next question is, where's the Duchess?"

"Ang bata lamang po ang nakita namin."

"Scout the area!" said the Sheriff. "She has no respirator which means she inhaled the smoke and could result in immobilization. She must have not gone far!"