TAV 41: Twin Star

CHAPTER FORTY-ONE : Twin Star

Clarinette | Liana

"It is not just your life that is on the line, but this mess includes the whole Kingdom."

I could not help but to breathe sharply as I heard her speak. I had been sitting on this couch for 30 minutes but everything was a blur.

I can't believe this is happening.

"Is that why the golden letter said I have to surpass my own death? Because if I don't, I will die the same way Clarinette did and the Kingdom will perish?"

"Yes, Liana. Clarinette's life is bound to end when Charna takes over. The darkness will swallow that ball of light in your body, and she will become you. She will walk in this land, exploding havoc for a century until the ball of light wears off," she explained.

"What comes after that?" I asked.

"Winteria will come to light up the lighthouse again, and then another hundred years before the same scene comes."

"Ano ang ibig mong sabihin?" aniko.

"The Seira Clan has the script of summoning the deity of light. Your mother's clan had been known to be the followers of Gods and Goddesses. Since the dawn of time, one unlucky girl will become the vessel."

"So, this time, Clarinette is the unlucky girl?"

"Every hundreds of years, a mother will lose her child in her womb. She will seek the presence of the goddess of light. This tale had been a curse for the Seira Family. That is why people considered you as a curse, because after another hundred years, you were born with the same features of the goddess."

I felt my throat dry. I gasped for air because I think I will only suffocate myself if I won't breathe. This information is too much for me to bear, and the heck am I only hearing it now?

I exhaled sharply. "I don't get it. So, you want me to give you Winteria's power and put it on the lighthouse to ward off this darkness, and by that also, I have to what...uhm....die in the process and go back to my own world?"

"That is the sole essence of why you're here. Fate gave the Seira Clan a chance to break the curse that has struck their bloodline for thousands of years. She wants to save Clarinette's bloodline by ending the curse with you."

I scoffed. Dahan-dahan akong napailing dahil sa mga naririnig ko. Is she expecting me to believe such statements? What the hell!

"This whole thing is crap!" I fumed. "You already know what is going to happen. Alam mo na sa umpisa kung ano ang daloy ng kwentong 'to. But, you choose to hide it from me! Now, look what happened! Are you seriously saying that I have to agree with you after all of these?!"

I stroke my fingers on my hair. My frustration is reaching its peak and I can't help but to stand up, circling in the living room, trying to digest the whole scenario.

"I can't even ingest what you've said, and now I have to...understand how the heck this mission works! That I was transmigrated here to fulfil such a fucking mission and after everything I have to go back to my real life like nothing happened?!"

"I am sorry," she said. "This is the only way to stop the curse, Clarinette. If in this lifetime, Charna succeeds, your descendants will suffer the same fate! I care for your future, Clarinette. I don't want—"

I let out a scorn, looking at her. "Please, stop acting, your Majesty. Hiding the truth from me since the beginning is enough evidence that you don't care at all. You're not sorry, you are not thinking about how I would feel! You and that fucking Fate used me!