TAV 43: Make a Choice

CHAPTER FORTY-THREE : Make A Choice

Clarinette | Liana

"W-what? What do you mean by that?"

Imbis na sagutin ni Nanay Bebe ang tanong ko, napako ang tingin niya sa Reyna.

"You haven't told her?" she asked her.

Nagsimula ng mangunot ang noo ko sa mga naririnig ko, at isali pa ang biglaang pagpapakita ni Nanay Bebe na alam kong hindi niya totong pangalan. Seisha called her 'Altra'.

Bumalik ang tingin niya sa akin ng hindi sumagot ang kausap niya. She let out a quick sigh before parting her lips. "You asked the Queen why Clarinette wasn't saved from the curse even when they already knew it was her end, right? Because, it was her destiny, Liana. If you still haven't known, Fate is a deity who holds the fate of the people living in Dalaysia.

"She has the power to take, reform, and relive the lives of these people whenever she wants to. Recently, she made a choice that shattered the whole Counsel of the Gods and Goddesses. Fate is carrying a child, and it was a great forbidden rule among the deities to conceive. Their child will be born without an emotion, which will destroy the balance of the world.

"Fate cannot kill her own child, that is why the transgression commenced. I gave her the future of her child which led her to this Kingdom, to cultivate emotions from an outsider's soul. These souls are called fragments, and you and the Queen were part of the ten fragments."

I was looking at her eyes as she spoke. Nang tumigil siya ay napako ang tingin ko sa Reyna. Seisha nodded as an answer to a question my eyes beams, and I diverted back my gaze to Altra.

"Fate chose these souls to a cultivation process where the emotions are extracted into the tubes. The stronger the emotion, the more powerful and dominant it can become. This method was Fate's only chance to let her child live. Your emotions, Liana, will help the child have its own emotions and feelings, to have a mind and a soul other than a product of a deity breaking a law.

"Nandito ka para sa misyon na 'yon, kasama na ang misyon na kailangan matapos para wala ng susunod na magsasakripisyo sa angkan ng mga Seira. Sa iyo magtatapos ang sumpa ng totoong Clarinette. With Fate's intervention, Charna will not take Winteria's power, it will be merged into your emotions and be extracted by Fate. A portion of it will be given to the lighthouse and stop Charna from walking through the land...that was the plan," she said.

Dumausdos ang kanyang mga kamay sa aking tiyan. Marahan na hinahawakan ang aking balat at bahagyang napangiti. "However, we have to propose an alternative. Fate's original plan is to return you back to your world after the cultivation, but it also means the child will not be born. There could also be a chance that it will merge with the extraction, so we have to eradicate that process."

"Altra...are you saying that I cannot extract both Winteria's power and her emotions?" biglaang sambit ng Reyna. May bakas ng gulat sa kanyang mga mata, at ng makitang tumango si Nanay Bebe o mas kilala bilang Altra, bigla siyang naghestirikal. "No, it can't be! We reached this far and for what? Just for the child?!"

"This child is carrying a Liorn blood, Seisha. Don't you dare stain the blood that carries the future of Zegordia!"

"This should have not happened!" Seisha is fuming mad. "I did say I hate the child, it just...it just came at the wrong timing! Hindi mo sinabi sa akin na mangyayari ito, Altra!"

"I did not, because I didn't prophesied it. Perhaps, it was one of the undetermined paths happening in this Kingdom."

"What do you mean by that?" asked the Queen.