TAV 32: Begin Again

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO: Begin Again

Clarinette | Liana

"Ayan ang napapala sa mga taong hindi marunong lumugar. Kita na nga na may sugat at posibleng mabinat, inuuna pa ang ibang bagay kaysa sa kalusugan."

Kumukulo ang dugo ko habang dinadampian ang sugat ni Vyrre ng gamot. Kung hindi ko napansin na may mantsa ang kumot at tumutulo na ang sugat niya, hindi pa siya titigil.

Nasapak ko na, hindi lang isa kundi tatlong beses. Vyrre's pain tolerance is higher than the highest Mountain of Dalaysia.

"Nanggigigil ako, Vyrre. You're wounded, you have three gun wounds for damn sake tapos kung hindi ko napansin, wala kang pakialam?!"

"It doesn't hurt," he effortlessly said.

I inhaled sharply. "But it doesn't mean you will neglect it. I am not a nurse or a doctor, this is not my expertise. You have to be careful!"

"You aided me too well, though."

I gave off a scoff and gleamed my biggest unfiltered glare at him. "You won't care unless your body collapses before you. Paano kung hindi tayo nagkita? Tiyak ako na pinagpi-piyestahan ka na ng mga hayop sa gubat."

"But, fate brought you to me."

"Ugh, Vyrre. Please, stop with the sugarcoating statements, that won't supplement my anger! Madaling araw na at kung hindi mo alam, lutang ako kapag kulang sa tulog."

"Teirro did say that a lot of times. You're hot-headed if sleep-deprived, but you cool off after drinking coffee or playing with Sofia."

"Remind me to kill Teirro. Hindi talaga sa akin ang boto niya. Napaka-balimbing ng kumag na 'yon."

"May pagkakataon din naman na maganda lahat ng sinasabi niya."

Napaangat ako ng tingin nang marinig ko ang tugon nito. But I went back focusing on putting another clean dressing on his wound. It's not deep and didn't hit any nerves.

Among the gunshot wounds, this one got swollen since it is located close to his shoulder. Malamang, palagian niyang ginagamit ang braso niya sa paghila sa akin, kaya nabinat.

"I don't believe whatever bluffs Teirro spoke about me," I said, finishing my work with a bandage.

"He said you have a clothing business in the Center. I never knew you are actually fond of fabric and fashion since you mostly dwell on books and painting stuff."

I held my lips to stop saying something that I know will sound offensive. Hindi naman alam ni Teirro kung para saan talaga ang business na 'yon kaya malabong alam din ni Vyrre.

Her Majesty was the only one who saw through that facade, and I hope it will stay that way. I don't want to give the Duke a wrong impression of my reason.

"You expand your fondness with art by altering the interior design of the mansion. You were authoritative, demanding, and strict. You don't settle for just-just and give every ounce of your energy to finish the work as quickly as possible. You surprised me a lot of times, wife."

"Tama ka siguro na nabagok nga ako," sabi ko. I don't know if saying the truth right now will not change the atmosphere. I need to protect that from him for now.

"Would you hate me if I was glad that happened? I do know for a fact that I can still wait, but I'm glad the waiting is finally over."

"I don't blame you, I was into self-isolation because I grew up with that. Let's just say, I was enlightened for the first time in my life."