Chapter 1:

Hello guys, this is the first chapter of this book. It is in the third person pov but the book will be in the both protagonist's pov only.

This is how is the Kanitkar family, Anurag's family.

Next chapter you will get to know Shruti Ranade's family.

Till then vote comment and SHARE the book!

Love,
A.

Date: 28/08/22

**********************************
You will never have this day again, so make it count!
**********************************

Third person's p.o.v

It was the morning of 1st November. There was a lot hustle bustle in Kanitkar household. The head of the family Mr. Uday Kanitkar was giving orders to one of the drivers of the house about how to reach the airport in a shortest manner.

Mrs. Deepa Kanitkar, wife of Uday Kanitkar was teaching one of the cook how to make Puran Poli.
(For non Indians and non Maharashtrian, Puran Poli is a authentic food item of Maharashtra, a state in India. You can say it as a sweet roti means a sweet bread made of jaggery and sugar)

Kabir Kanitkar, eldest son of Uday and Deepa Kanitkar, was busy decorating the living room with some fairy lights. Behind the sofa there was a huge arrangement which said "Welcome back".

Sakshi Kanitkar, wife of Kabir Kanitkar was baking a cake, a chocolate truffle cake to be precise.

Ananya Kanitkar, youngest daughter of Uday and Deepa Kanitkar was busy clicking selfies. Just as the click sound came from her phone, she could hear her mother yelling her name from the kitchen. She pouted as it caused disturbance in her important session of clicking selfies.

"Ananya!!" Deepa yelled from the kitchen.

"Yes mom coming!!!!" Ananya yelled with more intensity.

As she reached the kitchen, she could smell the anger of her mother. It made her realise how much trouble she has invited by not going to the kitchen earlier.

"What on earth were you doing when I called you thousand times earlier?" Deepa looked furiously at Ananya.

Unable to have a concrete reason she started fumbling, "Mom I was........"

Sensing Ananya's trouble her Sakshi vahini jumped in to help her.
(Vahini means sister in law in Marathi).

"Mom actually I told her to help Kabir. You know how Kabir can be when it comes to decorating stuff."

Deepa looked at these two with a suspicious expression but nodded in approval.

"Okay, now that you are here Ms. Ananya help Kamla in making Puran Poli."

"But mom Kamla aunty knows it, she is the cook in our house." Ananya reasoned.

"Ananya do not let me be angry on you at least today. Help her now!!" Saying Deepa went out of the kitchen.

Kamla noticing everything said, "It's okay Ananya beti. I can manage."
(Beti means daughter in Hindi, we dearly call girls beti sometimes.)

"No Kamla aunty, I will help you." Said Ananya. Though she was the youngest in the house, a bit in her own world, but she was a sweetheart.

"By the way vahini, thank you for saving me." She winked at Sakshi.

"No problem Anu, you are my dil ka tukda." ( dil ka tukda literally means piece of my heart, means very much loved.)

Now you all must be wondering what is the occasion today? Why is Kanitkar household so busy? What is that they are preparing for?

The answer to each question is Mr. Anurag Kanitkar, son of Uday and Deepa, brother of Kabir and Ananya, brother in law of Sakshi is returning from his posting. He is deployed in army. He will be returning after 10 months.

Yes you are thinking right, Anurag is a lieutenant in the Indian Army. He was posted in Ambala this time.

Just then a honk is heard from outside Kanitkar house.

"Come everyone Anurag is here!!" Yelled Uday to call his family.

"Coming dad!" "I'm here!"

All the family members stood in a semi circle to welcome Anurag.

Within few minutes, stood at the entrance a tall, well-built, wearing army pants and black tshirt, shades to compliment the whole thing.

"Anurag!! Welcome home son!!" Deepa hugged her son tightly as she could for he had returned safely after 10 months.

"Thanks mom!! How are you?" He asked till he realised his mother was crying. "Mom!! I'm here safe and sound, now why are you crying?" He patted her back to soothe her.

"Beta I'm happy you are here safe, these are tears of happiness you can say."

"Let him come in at least." This time Uday came and hugged Anurag.

"All good son?" Asked Uday in his fatherly tone.

"Yes dad, all good." He smiled and moved forward to meet his brother.

"Dada!!" He hugged Kabir. Kabir patted his back proudly.

"How are you?? Did you meet anyone there?" Kabir joked with his brother.

"Dada!! Please don't start this now. Let me relax."

"Alrighty tell me when you are ready I will start teasing you then."

Anurag shook his head and went to meet his vahini.

"Vahini!! Kashi ahes tu? Dada tras tar det nahi na?"
(Vahini, how are you? I hope my brother doesn't trouble you?)

Sakshi smiled, "Do you think I will let your brother trouble me?

"That's like my vahini."

"Hello! Stop teaming. I will still win okay?!" Kabir teased.

Anurag chuckled to move to the last but definitely not the least member of the house, his little sister Ananya.

"Shende fal, how is it going? I can understand how much you missed me."
(Shende fal is a slang in marathi for youngest person of the house, generally used to tease that person.)

"Haha dada! I didn't miss you a bit. You know everything was so peaceful." Ananya said in a imitating tone.

"Oh is it?! Okay okay!!" Saying Anurag twisted his sister's ear.

"Aahhh! Dada!! Please stop. You are in the army for gods sake. You are so strong. Please leave!!"

"Say that you missed me. Say you are the happiest seeing me."

"Yes yes I missed you. I'm the happiest seeing you here." The moment she said it Anurag left her ear.

"Ouch dada!! I literally feel so happy every terrorist who gets beaten by you will face his consequences so well."

Everyone chuckled at this.

"Anurag go freshen up and come downstairs for lunch!" Ordered Deepa.

"Yes mom!" Anurag smiled listening to his mom's order after so long.

*********************