Chapter 22

Anurag's pov

It was the day of our engagement. We had decided to have the ceremony at our place. As generally marriage happens at girls place, we thought engagement we would do at our home. We didn't want to do any ceremonies at hotels.

This was Shruti's and my decision. We wanted our wedding to have that homely touch. Fortunately my house and Shruti's house were huge enough to accommodate everything and everyone.

Engagement ceremony was to be held at 5 pm. First the traditional rituals would be held. Then the ring ceremony will take place.  The dress code was not Maharashtrian. We wanted Marathi look at our wedding. So we opted a different look today.

My look for the ceremony:

I couldn't wait to see Shruti

I couldn't wait to see Shruti. My vahini also didn't tell me a thing about her outfit. My sister was on Shruti's team too. I even bribed her with Zara dress she wanted to buy but she didn't tell me anything.

Our house was fully decorated. We had a huge terrace so we have made use of that.

The entrance was like this:👇

SHRUTI's POV

Today was the engagement. I was really nervous. From today I will be officially be Anurag's fiancée. Everything was so surreal though. His mom and dad are such a lovely people. They have accepted me full heartedly.

Yesterday Anurag's dad sent me a beautiful jewellery box which I was planning on buying and had mentioned about it at one of the dinner at Kanitkar house. It was really so sweet and thoughtful of him.

Same case is about Anurag and my parents. Anurag had said that he loved ghavan ghatla. My mom had made it for him last week. Let me tell you, it's a lengthy time consuming dish.
(Ghavan is a savoury pancake type thing made of rice flour. Ghatla is mix of milk, sugar, coconut. It is eaten with Ghavan. Typical Marathi dish made on Gauri pujan time after Ganesh Chaturthi.)

And don't start me on siblings. We now have a group. Anurag, Kabir dada, Sakshi vahini, Ananya, Rohit dada, Namrata vahini and me. Crazy gang we have become.

Even our friends have become friends of each other. We have a huge friends group too.

Still I have this jittery feeling. I can't help but worry a little about today. There is literally nothing to be worried of. But I guess it is a feeling of every to be bride. I don't know what will I do on the day of wedding..

"Are you read nanand bai?" Namrata vahini stood at door.
(Nanand means husband's sister. Bai means woman)

I smiled at her, "I think so vahini. What do you say?" I got up to show her my whole look.

"I think my Shruti looks gorgeous, stunning, beautiful..."

I chuckled at her, "Vahini please. No exaggeration. Please tell me. I am looking good right?" I asked her nervously.

"Of course Shru. You are really looking gorgeous!! Anurag is going to faint after seeing you."

"Vahini.. you and your talks. By the way everyones ready?"

"Yes all our ready. Just waiting for you. Shall we?"

"Yes just a minute." I quickly put a touch up gloss on my lips.

Just then Rohit dada arrived in my room. "How much more......."
He just stopped saying what he was saying.

I turned at him, "What happened dada?"

"Aga aga. Kiti te god distay maza pillu."
( oh my my! How sweet my baby is looking. Pillu means baby, god means sweet.)

"Thank you dada." I hugged him. He patted my head lovingly as he used to do when I was a kid and would dress up.

"You know you can still back out from this engagement." He said in a serious tone.

"Dada please!!" I shook my head in no.

"Rohit!!" Vahini slapped his arm.

"How will we live without this girl? Who will tell us the exciting stories of her work? Who will pester me for panipuri? Who will?" Dada said.

"I will. There is time for marriage. And even after marriage I will do all those things which I used to do before marriage. Okay?"

He nodded taking me in a hug.

"Let me also come." Vahini came after wiping her tears.

************************

MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara