Chapter 25

SHRUTI'S POV

Today I woke up as a new Shruti. Something was different, but good difference. Nothing changed physically but my emotional state was all up and down since we confessed last night. I was happy, so much happy. And more than happy I was grateful.

I quickly messaged Anurag,
Me: Good morning Anurag🥰

I did my morning business, I got my surprise of 4 days. A girls gift as you say.

Finishing my breakfast super quick, gossiping with vahini and dada I rushed to office.

Anurag: Good morning Shru❤️Let's meet up for dinner?

Me: Okay see you then. I love you.☺️

Anurag: I love you too. Take care.😘

Till lunch I had documents to file, I had some information on some unusual activities at border of Rajasthan, so had to research for that.

"Guys bad news. We have outdoor session after lunch." Sameer announced at our table during the lunch break.

"What?!! Noo!!! Please." I whined.

"Please tell me you are lying." Nidhi said.

Outdoor session is basically our outdoor training sessions which are held once a month. And that's a surprise for everyone. Physical training includes everything which is required to fight with opponents, to survive in terrorist attacks. You know like basic survival kit for us.

I enjoy those generally but with my first day of period, I can't really say the same. I have BAD cramps on my first day. If got an option I would take a leave on my first days. Sadly I don't have an option.

"Guys this isn't just the bad news." Sameer sat with us.

"Now what?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Today to train us, few Army officials are going to come. So sir has told to be ready for some hard training today."

"Great! Just great!" I muttered as stuffed my paneer paratha in my mouth.
(Paneer paratha is a wheat dough stuffed with paneer (cottage cheese), some spices, fried with butter.)

"I'm just going to drink away my sadness with coke. See you guys at the training." Nidhi went away.

"Nidhi is Nidhi." Sameer laughed.
...........................

I was all set for the training, I wore a black track pant and shirt. To be safe from the stains if any. I was having immense cramps right now. I really didn't want to do these but I don't have other options.

While clutching my stomach I make my way to the ground. I see all my colleagues already standing in straight horizontal line. I spot Naina and Sameer and stand with them.

I notice Army officials have not arrived yet. Actually we are before time so no issues. Nidhi is still pretty upset like Sameer for this session.

To clear things, we do not hate physical training sessions but after lunch, there is so much heat outside, is just not that bearable. Also probably we are not that great in athletics that's why we chose Intelligence Department and not joined Army or any Defence Force.

Anyways, I see three Army personnel enter the ground. Not able to see their faces clearly. As they approach, murmurs start in our line. Everyone is thinking who must be the guys?

As they come pretty close, my eyes widened. Am I dreaming?
Is that Anurag? How is he here? Why didn't he tell me? Wow, a little less tensed now. Hopefully he will understand my situation and help me.

"That's Anurag!!" Nidhi whispered in my eyes.

"Oh yes I know." I replied sarcastically.

"How is he here?" Sameer asked.

"If I would have known, I would have told you."

Anurag and two Army personnel stood in front of us.

"Good afternoon officers." Anurag said.

Everyone except me replied, "Good afternoon sir!!

Till now he hasn't noticed me, or that is what I thought. I was staring at nothing but him.

"Good afternoon sir!" I smiled at him. Only I wished him this time, paving the attention to me.

He gave a look to me that I did something which I wasn't supposed to do.

"Good afternoon Sh- Officer." He nodded and looked elsewhere embarrassed.

"Get ready guys. Be on your positions." The other guy said.

We were now standing in group of four each. We had to jog around the ground 7 rounds.

Shruti get ready to jog with these amazing cramps, I muttered to myself.

Just then I sensed someone super close behind. As a reflex, my hand was about to hit the person behind but I smelled the scent and it was familiar. It was Anurag's.

"Are you okay?" His voice sounded concerned.

I turned to him, "I don't know. Today's my first day of period. So it's like this." I made a face.
Glad everyone were amongst themselves, so no one could hear us.

"What is it like?" He asked.

"Full of bad cramps. As I talk with you, I feel like someone is punching me in the abdomen." I was about to cry as my voice breaks.

"Hey hey...you can do this Shruti!! You are super strong!! Remember how you fought with that goons.. let me just say I was super scared by you."

"You are just saying things to make me feel better." I said pouting.

"Shruti no!! Look, you are not just going to perform the tasks, you are going to ace the tasks. You get that? Now chin up. I know it's painful but you are an intelligence officer. You are working for your country. No excuse is bigger than your duty for your country. Understand?"
He actually spoke like some captain. It was necessary though.
It gave me strength.

"Yes Captain!!" I gave a salute to him.

Our lips curved into smile.
"I love you." He mouthed.

"I love you too." I whispered.

.............................
Hey guys!! I am back. Done with exams. I was travelling last week so couldn't post. But here is the new chapter. Hope you all will enjoy.🫶🏻
I will be more regular with the updates.

Pls vote comment and share.
COMMENTS ARE MUST GUYS.

Love,
A.