Chapter 20

SHRUTI'S POV

It was finally the Sunday morning. Today I woke up with extra excitement and energy. Definitely because today I was meeting Anurag after almost a week. I was really so excited. Is it normal of me to think like this? I mean yes we like each other, we are going to get married. Of course it is normal. Come on Shruti!

I wore a red chikankari kurta and white palazzo. Anurag had told me he likes when I wear red colour.

 Anurag had told me he likes when I wear red colour

We were meeting at Nut Cracker. It is a cafe in Bandstand, Bandra. If you are a pancake lover, this is the place for you. I chose this place as it suited breakfast time the most.

I had come by car. Fortunately Mumbai on Sunday that too in early hours of morning is a little bearable. So I decided to come by car rather than local or something.

I was impatiently waiting for Anurag to come. Where is he? He had messaged me 25 minutes ago that he had left.

I had checked mails to pass my time. I even went on shopping sites to look for a specific type of dupatta I want.
For a second I looked at the direction of the door and there came Anurag.

Our eyes met, as he came closer I saw a smile on his face but the thing I saw next made me drop my smile.

He stood closed to me, "Shruti!!" He wrapped his left hand around my body to hug me. I was just in shock to even hug him properly.

As he pulled away, I asked baffled, "What happened?"

His head was bandaged, his right hand was wrapped in bandage too. Oh gosh!

"I got shot in the right arm. And this head injury is just a small one. But don't worry I killed that man just after our interrogation." He said coolly and did a shoot out sign with his hand.

A small laugh escaped my mouth. I guess I will have to deal with this like an Army man's wife.

"Anurag!! Come sit." I touched his arm.

We sat on the couch, adjacent to each other. I turned a bit towards his side.

His phone rang, "yes maa. Safely and sound. Don't worry."

I looked at him intently as he was talking to his mom. I'm sure she would be hell worried about him with all the injuries.

As he kept his phone down, he turned to me . "Yes tell me madam Shruti. Sorry mom was a bit worried."

"Of course she will be. The things you do.. makes everyone worried."

"Hey what have I done?"

"This and this." I touched his head and his arm.
"Ouch ouch."

"This that bastard terrorist has done. What I did was finally killed him."

"Okay okay. Got it Mr. Army. How was the mission though?"

"It was pretty interesting. There was this man who was a tailor in the part where went. But tailoring was just his cover up. He was actually the funder for the terrorist group."

"Wow. So you caught him?"

"Yes we caught him. Generally the fundings are transferred through bank accounts in the names of relatives and friends of the terrorists group you know to be secretive. But then there was a guy from that group who was coming to get the cash himself. So we trapped him. He took us to there camp. But he was smart. Through his watch he had signalled the group of our coming."

"Bastard. So this all was in that firing?"

"Yes. Pretty much."

"Good that you killed him. Otherwise.."

"Otherwise?" He asked teasingly.

"Otherwise first I would have killed him and then you."

"Oh yeah? Yeah?" Anurag started tickling me. No tickles for me.

People started looking at us becoming I was laughing like a mad woman. Yeah thanks to Anurag Kanitkar.

"Okay please stop. Stopp!!"

"Fine. Let's order food now."

We ordered waffles and chocolate milkshake for me and pancakes with watermelon juice for Anurag.

The food was super delicious as expected. I loved that Anurag was as foodie as me.

"Can we go to Juhu beach?" Anurag asked as we were outside the restaurant.

"Right now?"

"Yes, if you are free." He said.

"Um okay. I have a day off it's Sunday. So no issues."

"Let's go then!!" He said excitedly.

"Someone is excited to go on beach." I joked.

"Yes because you are with me."

Cheesyyyyy!

"Oh please.. haven't you ate enough to be this cheesy."

"Alrighty madam. Let's go." He held my hand and we went towards my car.
I love when he does this. Holding hands!!

********************
Hit me up! Tell me what you like.

-Anushka