Chapter 26

ANURAG'S POV

I know menstrual cramps can be so painful, because I have seen Ananya go through it in her teens. Thank god she doesn't get it now. Still Shruti managed to ace most of her tasks today. I'm really proud of her.

For making her day a little better, I have planned to take her to eat her favourite food. Any guesses?

"Shruti shall we leave?" I asked her as I was all freshened up. She was chatting with Nidhi and Sameer.

"Hey bro!! Long time." Sameer spoke.

I shake his hand, "Yes!! I'm on holiday but sadly you guys have to work. But let's catch up before I leave next week." I said.

"Oh sure. I called Manasi yesterday, how does Saturday evening sound?" Nidhi asked.

"When did you call my wife??" Sameer spoke before I could say anything.

"Haha. When you were busy ogling Mrs. Verma." Nidhi laughed.

"You asshole. Shut up! I was not ogling at her. I was just talking to her."

"Ya. You wish." Nidhi smirked.

Shruti was all silent. She stood with her head low. Maybe she is still having cramps.

"Guys!??" I interrupted their argument.

"Oh yes Anurag. So are you free this Saturday?"

"Yes I am free. I shall ask the boys too." I said.

"Yes of course. See you then. And you Mr. Ogler drop me off." Nidhi said and left pulling Sameer with her.

"They are crazy. You must have full entertainment throughout the day." I said to Shruti.

She didn't respond. She was looking elsewhere. I shook her a bit.
"Shruti?"

She broke out of her trance.
"Yes Anurag?" She bit her lip.

"Are you okay? You didn't react to Nidhi and Sameer's banter too?"

"Yeah. I- I am okay." She whispered.

"Alright. Let's go. I have planned something." I grinned.

Honestly I wasn't convinced with her 'I am okay' but it's fine. I am sure my surprise will make her happy.

"Where?" She asked as she wrapped her hand around my arm. I caressed her head. So silky air.

"That's a surprise."

We reached my car. As we sat I told her, "You can sleep till we get there."

"Okay." She said. She literally sounded like person with zero energy.

It took 20 minutes to reach our destination. It is a super small restaurant run by an old lady whom everyone addresses as "aaji" which means grand mother in Marathi.
She makes authentic Marathi dishes.

As I turned to look at my beautiful fiancee, she is sleeping like an angel. So gorgeous. I was having hard time deciding to wake her up. But I had too. She hasn't eaten anything since lunch. It's 9:45 pm right now.

"Shru? Shruti!!" I shake her a little bit.

"Hmm?" She slowly opened her eyes.

"Wake up Shru. We are here."

"Yes. I am up." She smiled softly.

"Are you feeling any better?" I cupped her cheek.

"A bit. This nap was so necessary. But sorry you had to drive all alone."

"No problem at all. It's important that you are feeling a bit better."

She smiled, and kissed my palm.

"So where are we Mr. Kanitkar?"

"Come on you will see."

................................

SHRUTI'S POV

"Excuse me, can we get our order? I am Anurag Kanitkar I ordered your specialty today afternoon." Anurag asked the waiter.

I have never come to this place. And it's a surprise because it is a Maharastrian place. So in all these years how come we never came here?

"Ho saheb. Lagech aanto."
(Yes sir. Right away.)

"Here all the waiters speak only Marathi with customers. That's the culture they follow." Anurag explains.

"Wow. Nice."

"Anurag, thank you so much." I held his hand.

"For what Shru?"

"For taking such good care of me. For being so patient."

"Oh come on! I haven't done anything. I just told you to sleep while we came here. It's nothing."

"Okay fine. Now when am I getting my food?"

"Here is your order ma'am and sir!"

The moment waiter placed the dish, my eyes widened. Oh my goodness..
Ukdiche modak.. my love.
(For all confused souls refer to previous chapters. But anyways, it's a authentic Maharashtrian sweet dish. Cover is made of rice flour. Filing inside is coconut and jaggery. It is served steamed. With ghee on top😋)

"Ukdiche modak.. Anurag!! You are such a......" I tightly hugged him.

He left out a chuckle and hugged me back.

"Khush ka madam?" Anurag asked.
(Happy madam?)

"Khup khup khup khush.." I giggled.
(Very very very happy)

****************
Hey hi! Hope you all like this chapter.

Vote and comment please.🥰

Love,
A.