Chapter 17

SHRUTI's POV

Aunty... sorry mom had called us for dinner. So Sakshi vahini and I had come down. I helped vahini with the dress and then she chose the jewellery to go with it. I must say she is a fabulous jewellery designer.

"Mom do you need any help?" I asked Anurag's mom.

She smiled, "No beta you just sit and tell me how the food tastes." She patted my shoulder.

"I will sit aunty but please tell me some work."

"Mom you have got one more soon now. So tell your daughter in laws to work and you rest." Sakshi vahini came in with plates.
(Soon means daughter in law in Marathi)

"Okay okay. So dinner is ready. Just set the table so we can call the boys." Mom said.

"Yes mom!!" Vahini and I said together.
........................................

"Mom!!!!" I could hear Anurag's voice coming closer.

"Come down Anurag." Mom shouted.

Within minutes he was down in tshirt and black track pants. I never saw in these clothes and should I say he looked hot in these clothes too?

Noo!! Shruti! You are mad at him.

"Anurag sit down. Your vahini and to be wife is serving us dinner today."

He looked at me, I was already looking at him. But I was mad at him so I went in the kitchen.

By the time I came out with spoons Anurag, dad, Kabir dada, mom, vahini, Ananya all were seated.

"Shru come na!" Ananya said.

"Yes." I smiled.

Place beside Anurag was vacant and one place beside Vahini was vacant. Just then the bitchy girl Sanika came in. If she dares to sit with AnuragI will........

She did dare. She started walking towards Anurag's side. I looked at him fiercely. We had an eye contact.

He instantly said, "Sani...."

"Yes?"

"Shruti is sitting here. Can you please sit there?" Why does he have to be so polite with her??

"Anurag but....." Sanika started arguing.

"Oh come on Sanika. You know these two are getting married. So let them have some romance." Kabir dada said.

Thank you Kabir dada!

I had a neutral expression on my face. I liked the fact that Anurag stopped Sanika from sitting beside him but I can't show that to him.

I sat beside him. I deliberately talked with everyone but him. I was smiling, happy with everyone but I spoke no word with him.

He was trying very hard to have a chat with me. He gave me glass of water when I needed one. He tried to hold my left hand under the table.

On the happier note, mom had prepared so many delicacies. Paneer butter masala, naan, gulab jamun, dal fry, jeera rice. Everything was so yummy.
........................................

"Thank you mom for an amazing dinner. Everything was super delicious."

"Well, thank you for the compliment but do you say thank you to your mom everyday when she cooks? No right? Then don't be so formal with me. I hate formality." She hugged me.

I smiled. "Okay guys I will take leave. Vahini do send me a pic when you get ready."

"Sure Shruti." Vahini smiled.

"Dad take care, go for small morning walks. Don't exert yourself too much."

"Finally maybe he will listen to this." Dada said.

"Bye Kabir dada."

"Bye Shruti, let me know if Anurag troubles you. I will kick his ass."

I laughed, "Sure dada."

"Anurag go drop Shruti to her house." Mom said. No please no!!

Anurag shrugged casually, "Okay ma."

"No aunty. I can manage. There's no need to trouble Anurag." I insisted.

"There's no trouble. And also Anurag is free, he will come. Don't worry."

Not having any option, "Okay."
...........................

Anurag was driving, I was looking outside the window. No one spoke a word. Maybe now he was mad too. Because I was not talking to him.

We reached my house in 23 minutes. Yes I was counting. I had no better work to do other than this.

He stopped the car just outside my apartment's gate. He looked in front. I was looking in front. There was so much silence that I could hear our breath.

"Thanks for dropping." I spoke and took my purse to get out of the car.

I didn't look at him. I don't know if he looked at me. I just got out and started walking. I thought he will go after I got out. But who am I kidding? Anurag is still a gentleman even when he is angry. He waited for me to go in the elevator.

Did I just overreact on the whole situation?

******************************

Would love your feedback!

-Anushka

.........................................................