Chapter 21

ANURAG's pov

Going to Juhu beach was a bad idea! How could I forget that today was a Sunday... And Juhu beach on Sunday wow the worst idea by any Mumbaikar!
(Mumbaikar means a person from Mumbai)

Juhu beach was filled with people, food stalls, balloon venders, horse riders. Families, friends, couples, elderly couples, colleagues you could see them all here.

Shruti and I were walking on the beach barefoot, with our foot wears in hands.

"You must be thinking that I'm marrying the most stupid man, aren't you?" I asked her.

Shruti hid her laugh, "Yes you are correct. How stupid of you Anurag Kanitkar!!" And she burst out in laughter.

She kept on laughing and I kept looking at her. She is beautiful. So beautiful! Even more beautiful when she laughs. How did I get so lucky?

"Shruti." I said softly.

"Yes?" She stopped laughing. Or tried to.

"I'm really lucky to have you." I caressed her cheek.

"And why do you think so?" She asked.

"Because you are so beautiful...."

"Just because I am beautiful?" She stopped me.

"No silly, because you are so beautiful, kind, understanding."

"Hm hmm.."

"Yeah, anyone would be so mad to see the date go down-wire like this."

"Don't be sad. It happens. We will have story to tell everyone." She said.

"Yes, by the way your shopping is done for sakharpuda?"

"Oh yes, dress is done. Jewellery is in process by Sakshi vahini. Footwear ordered."

"Wow. I haven't even started. We are going tom. Dada, Rohit dada and me. Probably Gautam, Akshay will join too.

"Yes dada told me. I hope you get something which you love. And please be patient. Don't just go with the first dress the shopkeeper shows. Have variety to choose from."

"Okay madam. Don't worry, Sakshi vahini has trained dada very well."

"I can say the same thing about Namrata vahini and Rohit dada too."

"Yeah. I mean before his marriage, dada and I used to complete our shopping in 20 mins max. But now, he takes 2 hrs to shop man. So now I take baba with me for shopping."

"Lol. Well, same thing can happen with you too. You know after marriage, probably I will train you like vahini trained dada."

"No way!! I'm no joru ka gulam. And I will never be. You get it?" I narrowed my eyes at her. She suppressed her laugh. She is laughing too much today.

"Yes of course. You are not a joru ka gulam. And will never be." I nodded, again trying not to laugh.

"Let's eat ice cream?" She suggested.

"Yeah sure. Come." I said quickly.

SHRUTI's pov

We started walking, i was really bad at controlling my laugh so I burst out laughing, that made Anurag stop.

"What are you laughing for?" He asked with a small smile.

I stopped. I looked at him and again started laughing.

His eyes widened.
"Gosh Shruti!! It is cheating." He said when he realised why I was laughing.

"It is not!! How can you agree to a thing you said no just an hour before!!"

Anurag said he didn't want to eat ice cream just as we had come out of the cafe.. I had spot a ice cream vendor just outside the cafe. I asked him but he said no. I was okay because I knew we would get hundreds of sellers here at Juhu Beach.

"In my defence, i said no to ice cream because we had just had our breakfast. But now I can eat ice cream. So I'm not an joru ka gulam."

"I didn't even utter the word. You said it yourself. Now what do you have to say?" I smirked.

He shook his head smiling. He joined his hands in front of me.
"No one can win from there wife.. to be wife in our case. Chale madam?"
(Chale means let's go in Hindi.)

I planted a kiss on his cheek and walked away.
He marched up to me, "If I get a kiss every time I loose to you, I will happily be a joru ka gulam my entire life." He whispered in my ears. Shivers went through my body.

I just smiled at him. My mind and heart both knew I felt more than just like towards him. I felt more than just liking . My feelings for him had grown intensely in past five days when I wasn't even there with him. Love? But was it too soon? We we're getting engaged this weekend.

*************************

Hey guys! Hope you like the chapter and the progress of our story. Vote and comment, please!

-Anushka