Chapter 18

ANURAG's POV

Currently it was next morning, I was getting ready for a short mission. Sometimes our seniors appoint us in such missions even when we are on a holiday. I don't complain because I love my work. I love going on missions.

These missions are not on any borders. These are missions in cities nearby. So it lasts for 4-5 day's probably.

Right now my friends and I are on the same mission fortunately. I am very cool but my mom is getting panic. Basically when I am at the border she doesn't know that I'm on any mission at the moment. But here she knows my mission, where I am going. So she gets worried.

"Anu beta can you not cancel this mission? You are on holiday son."
Mom said for the fifth time.

"Mom no! No emotional blackmail. Don't worry. Your son is not gonna die."

"Anurag!! Don't you dare such thing again." She yelled.

"Okay okay. Sorry. Chalo I have to leave."

Kabir dada and vahini had already left for their respective jobs so their good byes were done, so was Ananya's.. she was off to college. I had bid bye to Aai and baba.

One person left was Shruti. The thing is we still were not talking to each other. But I had left her message before 1 hour. I know how difficult situations can get on any mission so I can't handle not to say good bye to any of my loved ones. Even if we are mad at each other.

I think it goes for every person who works for defence. We can't say when we are going to die and where. Whether our family members are gonna be there with us that time, we have no clue.

I was at my parking lot, putting up my luggage in car. I was going to pick up my friends and then we were heading to the Army cantonment.

I had put my bag when I heard a sound of a car honk. I turned left to see Shruti coming out of her car.

I can't describe how much happy and relieved I was to see her. I really couldn't handle not seeing her before the mission.

She came running to me, "You are leaving?"

"Yes on 5 day mission." I said scratching my neck.

"Oh."

Both of us just looking at each other, no one uttering a single word. I was going to say sorry because my anger was really nothing. It was just because she was not talking to me due to some baseless things.

Maybe she was thinking of saying sorry too.

"I'm sorry." We said at the same time.

We smiled coming close to each other.

"Congratulations!!" I said intertwining our hands.

"What for?" She raised her eyebrows.

"On our first fight."

"Anurag!" She chuckled.

Can I just say how turn on it was for me to hear her say my name like that....

"I'm gonna miss you." I cupped her cheeks.

"I'm going to miss you too. Can I contact you?" She held my hands.

"Unfortunately no. We can't have any mobile or telephonic conversations with anyone but our senior."

"Oh." She looked down.

"Hey..It's just five days. You won't even realise and I will be back." I made her look up to find her eyes filled with tears.

She just nodded. "I didn't know my Shru can cry too!" I pulled her closer to myself.

"I'm not crying." She swiftly wiped her tears.

"Oh yeah.. and Mumbai doesn't have traffic at all."

"Anurag!!" She hit my arm and wrapped her arms around me. I wasted no time to hug her back super tightly. How I wish we stay like this!

I caressed her hair with one arm and other was tightly wrapped around her waist.

"Come on. Have to leave." I pulled away but not giving a lingering kiss on her forehead.

"Take care. Be safe." She said smiling through her tears.

"I will. You too take care."

I sat in my car giving one last glance to her I sped off my car.

**********************

Vote, comment and share!

-Anushka