Chapter: 5

Hello everyone. What's up with you? Hope you like this chapter. Vote, Comment and Share!!

Love,
A.

Date: 4/10/22

**********************************

Life is like riding a bicycle. If you have to keep balance, you must keep moving!

**********************************

SHRUTI'S P.O.V

After getting a nice scolding from my mother for the stunt I put out there, here I am draped in a saree. A dark pink colour saree. I rarely wear a saree because I feel it's very uncomfortable. Hats off to girls who wear them daily and do chores. I can't even walk properly let alone do work .

"Are you ready Shru?" My vahini came in the room

I sighed, "Vahini, do I really have to do this?"

"Shru, please. Just meet and talk to the guy once. Mom has been really excited about your wedding. And no one will force you to marry this guy or any guy, you know that right. Do it for mom?"

"Alrighty. I'm ready. What do I have to do when I go downstairs?"

"Nothing. Just smile, be confident as you always are. No need to impress them with 'I know cooking, stitching etc.' okay?"

"Yes ma'am. Now let's go before I get another scolding of aai today." I laughed.
................................

I slowly walked down the stairs, attempting not to fall. And I succeeded, I didn't fall. As I reached the living room, I could see aai, baba, Dada sitting.

From the guy's side, I could see his mom, dad, probably elder brother and his wife, and a younger sister. Then sat the hero, the one who did not follow me. How stupid I was!

Everyone turned and looked at me. I smiled nervously. I did eye contact with every person in the room but th guy. From the corner of my eyes I could see his gaze on me.

"Please have a seat beta. Don't be so formal." Guy's mother said.

I smiled, and sat on the vacant chair.

"This is our daughter Shruti Ranade." My baba said.

"Hello everyone." I said.