Chapter 13

Hey there! I hope you are doing well. Here is the new chapter. Make sure to vote comments and share.

Love,
A

Date: 25/11/22

******************************
Sometimes you think you want to disappear, but all you really want is to be found.
*******************************

ANURAG's POV

I can't believe myself when I say this but I felt protective about Shruti. She was clearly uncomfortable when Akash hugged her. And how dare he ask her out on date? That too when I'm there. I really don't how within such short time I'm feeling jealous....
Wow. Jealousy.

"Wait are we really going there?" Shruti asked me raising her eyebrows.

"Yes of course. It's almost dinner time. If you don't have any other plans, I want to ask you out for dinner. Will you come to dinner with me?" I extended my hand.

Shruti chuckled, "You really are a gentleman. Yes I would love to go on a date with YOU." She stressed upon the word You which made me really happy.
......................................

"What would you like to order sir and ma'am?" The waiter asked us as we sat in Shamiana, one of the restaurants of TAJ Mahal palace.

"What is your special item in Indian food?" Shruti asked.

"There are many ma'am. Mughlai Chicken, Butter Chicken, Sheer korma for desert, Paneer kulcha."

"Okay so Mughlai Chicken and 2 Paneer Kulcha for me."

"Sir?"

"Same for me too. Thanks."

"Your welcome sir."

"Indian food lover I see." I said.

"Yes. Can't live without it. Just don't mention at my house that I eat non veg. Actually dada and vahini also eat non veg outside. But mom doesn't like it."

"Same goes for me. My parents also don't know that we all eat non veg."

SHRUTI's POV

"So what do you guys do when you aren't in any mission?" I was curious. I hadn't been this close to any Army officer.

"A lot of fun. People think Army people are so tough, disciplined. We are when we are at our work place. No one can beat us there. But when we are in our fun mode no one can beat us even there."

"Proud huh? You should be though. Whenever I come across any army office, air force officer or Navy officer I try to tell them how much tough work they do for us. How much we are grateful for them."

"Oh is it? We have met now quite a times. I have never heard such appreciation for me, like I'm from Army..." He gave me a cheeky smile.

"Okay then listen. Thank you so much Anurag Kanitkar for working in the Army and making our country proud. Thank you for protecting us. I'm grateful to you. Happy?"

"Happy would be a mild word. But yes it is tough out there. Moreover we live there away from our families. Work is difficult. You can die any moment. But you know it becomes a lot easier when we have such fine officers like you who help us at the backside." He said, he flirted.

I kept looking at him, smiling. "Thank you. I would rate your flirting skill 8.5/10."

"Flirting? Oh I wasn't. But if I was why 8.5? Why not 10/10?"

"Because there is always scope for improvement. I don't want you to take this on your head." I gave it back.

"Or you want me to keep flirting with you? You said improvement that's why."

"Very cheeky." I chuckled.
...............................

We got over with dinner date. Anurag paid but made a promise next date it's going to be me. I was okay with it.

We were heading back to my house now. We talked about the most random things like nature, my love for Vicky Kaushal, him wanting to have a pet cat, me not liking long nail arts girls do these days, him

I know most random!

We reached my house, both of us got out.

"Shruti." He held my hand in his. He was nervous I could sense that.

"Yes Anurag?"

"I think I have made my decision. I am ready to marry you. I like you Shruti. I love how our conversations never stops. I love how we have gelled up so nicely so quick.  Maybe you will think this is fast. For you it may be. But I know what I want. And I want you."

I was blown with the confession. I was definitely not ready for this now. But he was it seems. It's not like I don't like him.

"Anurag I... I am comfortable when I'm around you. I really look forward to meet you. I love your company. I love how you intently listen when I speak. I like you. And I think I'm ready too to tell our parents that I want to marry you."

Did I just say that I am ready to get married to Anurag?

"Omg. Shruti! I was so tensed." He wrapped his arms around my body tightly. Without thinking, I hugged him back tightly.

To be honest, I knew he was more ready than I was for this marriage. I mean Anurag's is awesome. There is nothing about him which is wrong. But marriage isn't just about us. It is about our families. Fortunately, our families have gelled up very nicely. But going into a new family, living with them, is too overwhelming.

"Anurag." I called softly.

"Yes Shruti?" He pulled away from me but he still held my hands.

"I want to be transparent with you from the beginning. I am a bit scared. You are amazing. You understand me. Your family is lovely. But it's just that marriage is huge and I'm feeling scared a little, a bit overwhelmed."

"Oh Shruti!" He wrapped his hand around my shoulder.

"I can understand what you are feeling. Marriage for a girl is a little different from us guys. You step into a whole new family, you live with them. But don't be scared at all. As you know my family adores you. I assure you, you will be happy living with us. Trust me."

I took a deep breath and smiled, "I trust you Anurag." He kissed my temple in response. I have melted below minus degrees. I have never experienced such type of love in my life. I'm loving it.

"I will see you." He said as we pulled apart.

"See you." I nodded.

I walked up to the elevator. As I was about to go in, I turned around. He was still standing looking at me. I waved him a bye. He did the same and I entered the elevator feeling so many new emotions.

********************