Chapter 14

Hey guys!! How are you all? Let's have the next chapter. Pls vote comment and share with your friends.

Love,
A.

Date: 01/12/22
*******************************
If life can remove someone you never thought of losing, it can replace with someone you never dreamt of having.

*******************************

SHRUTI's POV

"Guys I'm getting married. I'm not going on some other planet."

"I just can't believe you are getting married. I have imagined Naina getting married for sure. But you and marriage? Never ever imagined." Sameer said.

I told him and Naina about my decision. There reactions are coming in now.

"Sameer!! You are making me think about my decision. I am already scared. And you are not helping at all."

"Shru. Listen. Marry Anurag. He is the guy for you. I'm telling you." Naina said.

"And why do you think such thing?" Sameer asked her. Even I wanted to know what has made Naina so sure that I should get married to Anurag.

"Because he is a greek god. Don't you guys keep your eyes open when he met us? He is so handsome. Shruti has to marry him."
Stupid Naina.

"Naina!!" I shouted and hit her arm.

"Ouch gurl!! Also he really really likes you and cares so much about you Shruti. It's rare these days." Understanding Naina.

"Thank god, you have a valid reason. Anyways, today he has invited my family to his house. We are gonna share the news with them today."

"Ooh that's great!! I'm so happy for you Shru." Sameer hugged me.
.............................

"So Shruti how is your job going on?" Anurag's mom asked me. We had gone to Anurag's house for dinner. Currently we were having appetisers.

"It's going good aunty. Actually Anurag helped me in one project which I was going on." I said looking at him.

"Oh is it? We didn't know. Anurag you should tell us such things beta."

I deliberately told this thing in front of everyone so that it could be like a start. I don't want to just announce that we want to get married.

"Oh yes, that is why Anurag has been dropping you at night for the past week huh?" Namrata vahini teased.

"Ohh you guys were working late. That is the reason Anurag dada used to come home late?" Ananya, Anurag's sister also joined vahini.

"Anu!!" Anurag whispered.

"We are glad you guys are taking steps. We really want you to be happy together." My mom said.

"Actually we do want to tell you guys something." Anurag dropped a hint.

"What's the matter beta?" His dad had a worried face.

"Baba, no need to worry."

Anurag looked at me, we stood up and came closer. We interwined our hands together, still looking in each other's eyes.

We then looked at our families and said, "We want to get married to each other."

There was a pin drop silence for few seconds before everyone broke out in a smiles. All of us came to hug and congratulate us. After a while, everyone were hugging everyone yeah literally. That was the moment we looked at each other.

Our eyes held happiness and content. It was because we were seeing our families so happy with our decision. This is what we live for. Our family's happiness.

ANURAG's POV

My house was also an apartment, ours was 24th floor. We had a beautiful sea facing gallery. Our house was not so near to the sea but since no building in our vicinity was as tall as us we could have the sea face.

Shruti was standing keeping her hands on the railings. I approached her with bowl of gulab jamun. As I stood near her I saw her eyes closed, tiny smile on her lips. I kept the bowl on stool. To be honest she looked so beautiful tonight, it was very hard for me to not stare at her.

She wore a red suit, red straight pants. Her dupatta was also red with golden works on it. She paired it with big golden jhumkas. She had her hair tied with something idk.

I didn't want to but I had to disturb her, "Shruti?" I called her softly

She opened her eyes, looked at me slowly. She smiled.

"When did you come here?" She turned toward me.

"Just now." I lied. I had been here since 10 minutes.

"I bought gulab jamuns."

"Oh I love them." She smiled wholeheartedly.

"You love them or not?" She asked me.

"What do you think?" I asked raising eyebrows.

"By your face it's clear you don't. How can you not?" She asked me.

"How can you?" I back fired her.

"What is there to not like it?" She asked.

"Everything." I shrugged.

"You are weird Anurag." She said narrowing her eyes.

"Ha then you are going to be Mrs. Weird." I pinched her nose.

"Really? This bad?"

"I know. I'm sorry." I suppressed a laugh on how bad my joke really was.

She chuckled.

***************************