A New Year, A New Start

A/N: Do you guys remember me saying I will update on Wednesday?... Yeah me neither.
JK I got busy sorry for that... I will follow the update schedule of Mondays and Fridays though, don't worry about that. Enjoy the chapter!

==============================

Kiyotaka POV:

I excused myself from the Ayanokouji Group and headed towards the meeting place with Kei. I am excited to see the fireworks and even more excited to see the fireworks with Kei. I should reach there soon...

I reached the designated place. Just as I arrived Kei also emerged in my vision. She looked really beautiful in her festival attire.

Kei: "Kiyotaka over here."

She said waving her hands. Kei was standing near the railing with one hand holding onto it. Her long golden hair was glowing in the moonlight, I can see her purple eyes shining in the small light and attracting me towards it.

Kiyotaka: "That Kimono really suits you Kei."

Kei was wearing a purple kimono which matches with her purple eyes and pink flowers decorated it. She also used a purple ribbon with flowers to put her hair into her signature ponytail. It suited her really well

Kei: "*blushes*Thanks. You also look really good Kiyotaka."

Kiyotaka: "What can I say, the person who selected me this is a fashion expert after all."

Kei: "Ahh moouuu stop teasing me baka."

It's always fun to tease Kei and see her reaction. While I was engaged interacting with Kei I saw two silhouettes in my view a few distance away. It was Manabu and his ferocious bodygaurd Tachibana Akane together like usual, or even more close today. Following my gaze Kei also looked at them.

Kei: "Ahh that's Manabu-senpai and Tachibana-senpai right. Look like another couples gonna be formed after some time."

It seems like Manabu noticed us too and gave us a gentle smile. To which I saluted and gave him a thumbs up Kei also waved her hand and gave him a thumbs up. He raised his hand to acknowledged our presence. Now we should not disturb them...

Kiyotaka: "Seems like it, lets move a bit away and not disturb them."

Kei: "Yeah... Can we... a... you know... that h-hands..... ummmm"

Kei was trying to say something but couldn't spell it out. I saw her glancing at my hands and fidgeting her own hands nervously. I see, I decided to grab her hands. She was surprised and her face suddenly turned

Kei: "Eeep."

Kiyotaka: "What is it?"

Kei: "N-Nothing..."

She was really embarrassed, I can see her ears turning red and she was trying her best to not glance at me. But then she gave in and slowly interlaced her fingers with mine. Her hands are warm. We walked a few distanced holding hands together our shoulders touching each other, even though we didn't talk it was a pleasant feeling enjoying each others company.

In a few minutes, it will mark the start of a new calendar year. For the past 16 years a new year for me was just like any other day, without any significance. But this time I feel like that changed. Starting a new year with the person I love, my girlfriend Karuizawa Kei. I want to change, I want to make her smile, I want to protect her, I want to enjoy my time with her, at least till it lasts...

I want to treasure the time I spent with her till we graduate. I wonder if we can be together after that. That man is already furious of me leaving that place and disobeying his orders... he will surely take me back when I graduate not even batting an eye. He might be exercising his powers to the best of his ability to get me out of this school as soon as possible right now. I wonder if I can strike out a deal with that man. I wish this moment would have continued forever...