Chapter 3-Judo Club

A/N: I don't know much about judo nor about fighting so I'll just throw in judo terms and hope for the best lol.

4:59 P.M. Gymnasium

After class ended for the day, I headed to the gymnasium alone. That reminds me that I don't have any too-I mean, friends to hang out with, but no need to hurry as school just started.

Nearly all of the students assembled there were freshmen. There were about a hundred people waiting around. I stood near the back of the room and waited for the fair to begin. While waiting, I glanced over the pamphlet that students received upon entering the gymnasium. The pamphlet contained detailed information about club activities.

"My, what an unpleasant coincidence," said the person beside me. Just from the voice I can tell that it's Horikita. Seems like I haven't bullied her enough.

"Shut up, or do you want me to destroy your other compass as well?" I responded.

Once again, I have discombobulated her and she wore a nonplussed expression on her face. Ignoring her, I returned to the pamphlet.

The clubs on the pamphlet were very detailed and all of them looked very fancy. It had a wide range of clubs from tea ceremony to baseball. I'd expect nothing less from a top-tier institution.

"Thank you all for waiting, first-year students. We will now begin the club fair. A representative from each club will explain their function. My name is Tachibana, the student council secretary and the club fair's organizer. It's nice to meet you all."

Tachibana's hair was tied in two buns and was purple? Who the fuck has purple hair? Does every student in this school just have some weird quirky hair color? What's next, someone with strawberry blonde hair comes up? (A/N: Ha, I bet you thought Ichinose would appear right now, but author tricked you.)

After Tachibana delivered the opening remarks, representatives of each club lined up on the stage. It was quite a diverse crowd. The club representatives included everything from burly athletes in judo uniforms to students dressed in beautiful kimonos. Wait, there's judo? Looks like I'm in luck.

"Hey, if you want to get a fresh start, why not try joining an athletic club? The judo club looks good, doesn't it? That upperclassman looks kind, and I'm sure he'd encourage you," offered Horikita. Damn, she knows me well doesn't she.

"Yeah sure why not, wanna join with me?" I earnestly asked her.

"That was supposed to be sarcastic but whatever," Horikita huffed. Apparently I misunderstood her intentions.

A girl dressed in archery gear stepped onto the stage. "Hello, my name is Hashigaki, the captain of the archery club. Many students may be under the impression that archery is an old-fashioned, simple activity, but it is actually a fun and rewarding sport. We welcome beginners with open arms. If you're interested, please consider joining."

"What is this, Kaguya-sama: Love is War? We have guns these days, what's the point of archery?" exclaimed some weeb in the crowd. Although you certainly don't have to join a club for practical reasons, you could always do it for fun or as a hobby. As I saw it he just wanted to make a Love is War reference for no apparent reason at all other than add to the total word cou-

"Please do not interrupt Hashigaki-san's speech, it's very rude," Tachibana reprimanded calmly.

As the seniors continued introducing their respective clubs one after the other, I saw Horikita suddenly tense. She looked at the stage, her face pale. She looks like she just lost her entire compass collection. When she has this expression all her brain cells seemingly disappear, so I didn't bother to bother her.