Chapter 7-Savage

"What do you mean by take care of us, huh? Sure, you're strong, and you have good academics, and you won the swimming tourna. . .oh. Well shit." Ike said.

"Ayanokouji-kun, I'm happy that you saved us a lot of points, but you shouldn't punish them. The class has suffered enough," frowned Hirata. His tone of voice was vastly different from usual, almost as if he was threatening me. His fan club was shocked.

"Who said I would punish them? I just said that I'll take care of them. Nothing more, nothing less," I replied.

The classroom atmosphere became even more tense, proving that they didn't believe what I said. Well, I guess I'm partly lying, but who wouldn't trust an honest man such as me?

"I think it's okay if he's only going to help them. Right guys?" Kushida said. I know she can read the room, which meant that she believed that falling into my good graces is more beneficial than going against me. A wise choice.

"If Kushida-chan says so!" Ike beamed. I don't think he would've rejected my "help" even if she didn't say anything though.

"Forget about all this. What the hell about this class? Why was I put into Class D?!" Yukimura cried resentfully. A thin layer of sweat covered his forehead. I guess the shock of being placed in Class D is more than the shock of a classmate being expelled.

"Wait, does this mean that we can't get into college now? Why did we even go to this school? Does sensei hate us or something?"

The classroom started erupting again, which is becoming kind of annoying. No wonder they're the class of defectives.

"Didn't I tell you guys to listen up? Now shut up if you want to pass the midterms," I said.

The entire classroom quieted down at this, since they were all too scared to rebel against me. The shock of Shinohara's expulsion is still there after all.

"You've noticed how the passing score is 38 points yes? Knowing just how short-sighted all of you are, you probably didn't even notice that it's half of the class average rounded upwards. That means in order to pass the midterms, you just have to not fall below half of the class average," I explained.

"All? Please don't include me with these clowns. You can lead the class however you want, just leave me out of it." Koenji smirked. He was honestly more cooperative than I thought.

"I know, you're probably the only other competent student in this class," I replied. My classmates didn't like how I kept insulting them but they just have to get used to it. "Back to the midterms, don't you see how there's an easy way to make sure we don't get expelled?"

I asked my classmates and looked around. My seatmate had a look of understanding. Although she was way too prideful, she can be quite sharp.

"Do you mean that all of us should score zero points? While it's true that's the easiest way for us to pass, it's still easy for a person to betray us, right?" Horikita suggested.

"How could you say that, Horikita? I'd say that it's a wonderful strategy! I trust everyone after all!" Kushida appeared shocked, but she was probably only saying this for appearances sake.

"Are you saying that someone like Koenji won't just score highly across all subjects to get rid of us? It's not hard to imagine him not caring enough about us," rebuked Horikita. "I'd say you're way too trusting, Kushida-san."

Seeing this, I sighed. Of course, a zero-point strategy won't work. Not while I'm here anyways.

"While a zero-point strategy is the easiest, it's also the riskiest. A good balance of difficulty and risk would be to go for 50 points. That way it's way harder for people like Koenji to get rid of all of us, and it's still relatively easy for most of the students," I explained. On an unrelated note, 50 points is quite a satisfying number.