Chapter 13-Double Attack

Hirata immediately started taking action.

"We can decide on the leader later. For now, let's go find a base camp!"

"Should we split up or move as a group?" Matsushita asked.

"This place is quite big, so we should move as a group. We don't want anybody to get lost. The immediate options are here, on the beach, or in the forest. We should think carefully about our location."

The manual included a simple map of the island, with only its size and shape drawn. I suppose we had to fill in the details ourselves, or else it would be as useful as some toilet paper. While I have already discovered all the possible stations for us to camp on the luxury liner, I was curious about what places the other classes would choose and how Hirata would lead the class. Is he able to manage our band of misfits? Or will he collapse again?

"All of you can discuss and decide where our camp will be placed, I'm going to explore the island and conduct some recon," I stated.

"Come on Ayanokouji, you're just lazy and you don't want to do anything, right?"

"Hmm? Are you questioning me? I was feeling nice and was about to get the identity of the three leaders for all of you, but now I don't really feel like it for some reason."

"Bwahaha! I shall sit out as well. Adios!" Koenji started walking away, and none of my classmates even attempted to stop him. Looks like things were off to a rough start. (A/N I wrote up to here in March. Now it's fucking June lmao. Btw, I woke up at 5:30 am to write this because fucking mosquitoes won't let me sleep, those assholes).

Horikita tried to stop me. "You might be. . .the smartest one in our class. . .but you can't abandon the class like this. I know you know a lot more about this special exam than we do, and we also need to decide on a leader. I don't want to say this, but this class needs you."

I noticed how she said "this class" instead of "we," but she also seems to care a lot more about her classmates now, even if it's to reach Class A. That's what we call slow character development, she can probably learn a thing or two from Sotomura.

"Trust me, all part of my plan, anyways byeee." I left the group, saving author-chan the work of copy-pasting more text from the light novel, and now there can finally be fresh, original text. I didn't lie though, I was actually going to go do some recon. After all, information is one of, if not the most powerful weapon one can wield.

"Hey Koenji, I know this is boring and you want to sit out, so how about I give you something interesting to do here?" I said.

"Oh? You want to bask in more of my perfect presence? Understandable, but I'll have to decline your offer, Ayanokouji-boy. I find no joy in the concept of spending my precious time working for something so meaningless."

"I'll give you points."

"Now you've got me interested. How much?"

"Depends on the effort you're willing to put into this."

"You're being quite elusive, hmm? Well, I'm sure spending more time with you will bring about something interesting," stated Koenji. That sounded kind of gay, but what are you going to do with special kids?

"So, what do you have for me?"

"Now it sounds really gay."

"Sorry?"

"Nothing. I'll do some recon in the right half of the island. You can go explore the left island. We'll meet up at the well in the forests in two hours."

"Explore? I'm sure my results will need at least 30000 points from you because everything I do is with perfect execution." With that, the autistic kid swung off into the jungle like he was Tarzan. High school was weirder than I thought. (These jokes are getting dry, aren't they?)